Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Marking track changes within a mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Hoping for a solution for marking points where the tracks change within a long mp3 mixed recording.

The goal is to be able to play back my mix but skip to any track if i want. However, if i don't want to skip between tracks i don't want to hear a break when the tracks change. I've already experienced that issue before.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 9:59 am
So is it a finished mix that you want to jump around in? As in 1 track file?
You can do that by assigning hotcues to the different mix points you want, and then click them to jump to them. If your mix is in 1 bpm all the way, you can enable smart cue, which will then jump "in time" even when your clicking is a little off

If you want it to happen automatically you can go into the POI editor for a track and create POIs that jumps to cue points. Just remember that it will then always happen when you play the mixed track

Or do you want to jump between tracks, like was made popular with CDJs that could jump between tracks on a disc?
You can do that in different ways.
I think the easiest way may be to load up 4 (or 6) tracks in the default 4 (or 6) decks mode, and then jump between them like this :

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 11:47 am
Simple Si B wrote :
be able to play back my mix

Play it back where?

In VDJ, fine. See above.

With something else, maybe not.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 11:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)