Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Smash Video and Dropbox!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys had been using Smash for the past few months, just signed up for the year and with it paid for dropbox too ONLY because of their linked feature where songs are sideloaded online to drop box and then i just Sync at a later date. It was a great way to once a week load in all the new songs in bulk.

Now the drop box feature doesn't work, and they are ignoring my emails and live chats about the feature which is still offered but not working and im stuck with a dropbox i can't use (i already have google drive paid for). They are insisting that i should use their new program CrateQ to download but for me its just too slow and just not as user friendly as they think it is.

Its a great service and this part is an awful let down, especially since they won't talk to me about it.

Is anyone else having an issue or is it just me?

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 10:02 pm
No one at all using Smash Vision can tell me if this works for them maybe? Im going crazy, loved the feature.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 9:15 pm
They've switched to CrateQ like they told you.

Time move on bro.

Posted Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 4:09 pm
Seems like an archaic way of doing things anyway, given the functionality of the Smashvision apps. Try this and see if it doesn't give you near the same results without having to run bulk downloads every week. Install the Smashvision app on your home computer that you normally do your bulk download from dropbox on, click the "automatically download queue" box, leave the app running in the background. Now you can log in to the Smashvision website from anywhere on your phone, tablet, laptop, whatever; and add videos to your queue, and in seconds your home PC will begin the download for you.

Now if you still wanted the files in your Dropbox as well, I don't know why though, download speeds from Smashvision are enough to choke 99% of home internet connections anyway if you have your PC properly configured, so you aren't getting the files any faster using Dropbox, and Smashvision has unlimited downloads, and has cloud rescue(which is basically just a list of your download history), so you are getting Dropbox-like functionality from the Smashvision site. But if you are still resigned to getting your money's worth out of that Dropbox sub; install dropbox on the home computer running the Smashvision app configured as I mentioned earlier, Set Dropbox's bandwidth settings to "limit automatically". This will keep Dropbox from choking out your return packet upstream to Smashvision when it begins uploading while Smashvision is still downloading other files, in the smashvision app set your download location to the path of the Dropbox sync folder on your local machine. With that setup, you could be sitting at Starbucks on your phone, queue a track on the Smashvision website, your home pc will automatically begin the download, and then the Dropbox app will automatically upload it to the Dropbox server. It must be noted though that almost all home internet connections are terribly asymmetrical. Your upload speed is typically 1/4 of your download speed with cable connections, and 1/8 or worse with DSL. So depending on your upstream bandwidth, and how many files you pull, you could have a very, very long Dropbox upload queue.

You may be able to end around the Dropbox/Smashvision divorce by using a service like URLDroplet, or filestork, etc. Any of the services that act as a middle-man and route downloads from the internet directly to your Dropbox cloud for you. But any of those services without file size restrictions, and with snappy servers aren't going to be free.

Posted Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 8:38 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT - not helpful mate... they advertised it as a feature and still do. I PAID for a full year of Dropbox for it and now it doesn't work. Since the post, drop box have cancelled my sub for me, which they didn't have to do but they were sound and that ends that saga. I have pointed out, since then, to Smashvision that they are still advertising Dropbox as a feature to sign up, which is false advertising but i have been ignored. I just don't want anyone else to fall for it like i did. Pain in the arse.

CrateQ is nowhere near stable, it constantly crashes, bugs out into endless click loops and if it loses any form of connection to the network it just craps the bed. The speeds from it too are drastically reduced and i no longer use the app - having opted to downloading files manually. 1 to 5 files at a time, while working at something else. Its not ideal and extremely time consuming but it gets the job done.

I'm frustrated at it, annoyed but i like the stuff from the site and they are better than the competition.

Seems like i'm on my own on this one.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 1:58 pm
And just to point out.... they have disabled the Drop Box feature entirely but still advertise it when getting people to sign up to premium accounts.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 1:59 pm
Definitely not ignoring your request. If you dm your e-mail I can look you up in our system and follow up from there. Although we can be reached via e-mail, live chat or contact form.

But unfortunately we have deprecated the Dropbox feature as from our first roll out we had to update the API three times because of changes from Dropbox. And it made more sense to focus on our own app then playing keep up with a third party integration. There were also issues that seemed to be caused by our large file sizes, and we had a feeling our servers were being throttled by Dropbox--but again we made the decision to stay in our own lane versus scaling on a third party platform.

lockie2000 wrote :
And just to point out.... they have disabled the Drop Box feature entirely but still advertise it when getting people to sign up to premium accounts.

Let me know where this is so we can update it, I just checked .com and .net and I don't see it. There is no bait and switch going on here, and what we'd get out of your description is beyond me as clearly if a user were to sign up because we had Dropbox to only find out we didn't have it would be an issue for that user. Don't be silly.

But anyway, you are probably using 1.4.12 which has been causing issues for some users and we're working through that. In the meantime I would recommend using 1.2.30:

Mac: http://installs.crateq.com/latest-version/crateQ_mac_v1.2.30.dmg

PC: http://installs.crateq.com/latest-version/crateQ_win_v1.2.30.exe

There will definitely be a delay with my reply in this forum as I don't frequent here as mush as I used to, chat or e-mail is the fastest line of communication.

Marx
SmashVision

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 4:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)