Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ8 in PC (newbe question)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FreddemHome userMember since 2013
Hi!
One stupid question :)
What do i need to be able to pre-listen the next track on my computer without any dj controller, i mean just to have fun and learning the program?
Right now i have "Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Intel X58 2xGbLan 7.1 audio", is it enough with a seperate soundcard, if so any suggestion of which card ?
Thanks for all your help

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 6:04 pm
Since your PC has a 7.1 soundcard it's sufficient enough.
On audio setup select "Master + Headphones" and "Internal Soundcard"
Connect your speakers on the first port of your soundcard and your headphones on the second.
Press "Apply" and you should be set

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 6:09 pm
Ok, thanks :)

Now some more stupid newbe question, sorry if they are too stupid, but i really want to learn this program :)

I did what you told me, but im not sure i got it right anyway. In the VDJ software there is a mixer, and when im listen with headphones i cant pre-listen the next song a setup the cue and so one, i only hear the same song that is playing, hmmm this might make no sence :) Well, the crossfader is all the the left (all blue), so i want to be able to listen only to the red track in my headphones, but then i have to move the crossfader to center or all red, but then sound from red track is going out to speakers also, and that i dont want, i have my speaker cable connected to my "Asus P6T Deluxe V2" (light green) and the headphones are connected to my "Cosmos 1000" computer case, see picture: http://techreport.com/r.x/coolermaster-cosmos-1000/ports.jpg (light green)

What do i do wrong ?

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 4:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 check you have pfl (prefade listen) on deck 2
Button under the level slider
2 check the headphone mix on the master mixer panel
All the way one way is just pfl, the other way is the master output, in between is a bit of both

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 7:17 pm
the green outlet on the front panel is the same connection as the green on the back the "master" output
you will need to use the back or side channels for the headphones most likely only on the back panel of the pc someplace.

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 10:13 pm
Hi wickedmix :)
yeah that seems resonable :)
Question is just how i find it and which one i use to plug in my headphones.
This is my motherboard: https://dlcdnimgs.asus.com/websites/global/products/ZcmQJBZe92MltsOo/P6T-Deluxe_OC-Palm_B.jpg
My pc-speaker is connected to the light green

Thanks in advance, i have played around with samples and so far the program does exakt what im looking for :)
I just want to be able to pre-listen the next song without it hears to my pc-speakers :)

Thanks for all help, i appreciate it :)

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 6:55 am
Freddem wrote :
Question is just how i find it

Plug your headphones in and listen.

You already know it's not the green one, as that's the main (front) signal. Try the others one by one until you find which socket has the cue signal.

Or.........you could read the manual for your motherboard, which should tell you what each coloured socket is for.

If you don't have a manual, or the information is not there - use Google. Find the wiki page for sound cards and look at the list of port colours.

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 7:37 am
i got it :) :) :)

One other stupid question, how about sampling that are in diffrent volume (som high and some to low in volume), is it possible to play everything in same volumes in the VDJ ?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 10:07 am
Best read the online manual. It will really help and save you posting repeatedly.

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 11:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)