Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Win 7 home 64 bit updates.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've been fixing a laptop for a very old gentleman..and I don't want to upgrade it to win 10 since it would confuse him.
I can't get any updates??

What's this all about?
https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4tx4s9/windows_7_slowstuck_checking_for_updates_fix_as/

I even had to download the latest Microsoft Security Essentials since that also would not update until I uninstalled the original version, and then installed the latest.

Hm..I just found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-7-update-solution/f39a65fa-9d10-42e7-9bc0-7f5096b36d0c

A lot of people are using win 7 and vdj8.2..but I've heard no mention of update problems?

Microsoft seem to be playing games with their customers.
They want us on Win 10 (which I like!).

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 1:27 am

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 2:15 am
Hey all, I'm building a new VMWare server for the office.

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 12:24 pm
Well done TDB!
I'm sure it won't be long before all us proper vdj users will find that helpful.

Anyway this old Emachines E528-2821 had a Celeron 900 cpu socket P which is useless (benchmark @660)..but adequate for Solitaire when people get to around 90 and Skype to Canada. I had a "passed it" Intel dual core 2.0ghz (benchmark @ 1100) T5800 which took 5mins to fit, and put an extra 2gb (taking it to 4gb) of ram in, I only use 4gb sticks or more. Now this guy is 90 so he does not need vdj but ..with a little optimization this would easily run video using vdj8.2. This could be useful to a lot of people! We're getting the vdj laptop cost down to almost zero, in fact just old hardware that's lying around. The Atomix software is the expensive bit but it's worth it!

We can do VMware servers next week..LOL

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 2:04 pm
My point is, my VMWare servers have as much to do with VDJ or DJing in general as you working on a 90 year old gents laptop.
Is ridiculous that you get to use these forums as your personal blog space. Especially seeing as Atomix has been nice enough to provide you with a space for a blog here on this site. I don't know what kind of secrets you have on someone around here but you seem to get a lot of leeway where many others that post here get picked apart and shamed for their transgressions.
Seems a shame to have to avoid a site I've enjoyed for years to avoid aggravation, but I guess I'm getting too old and grouchy.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 2:34 pm
Great point.
LOCKED BY AMAHM

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 7:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)