Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ is a expensive - VAT - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Of course it would. They're the classic DJ turntable.

You'd need a suitable audio interface to send the timecode signal from both decks into VDJ, then out again to your mixer. You'd also need timecode vinyl.

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 8:03 am
SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
If I go the DVS / Timecode route for $$ I'd still need to buy a license for VDJ just to use at home. More $$ (Remember I'm no longer out in the club scene.) **Retired**
Not to mention, maintain my cartridges, needles and such as they'd still be being used with the digital vinyl. How often does that wear out being constantly played? Or the needles for that fact?

I can buy a really inexpensive controller for much less on Amazon. It would be nice if there was some sort of home license to use with controllers.

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 11:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The controller license is a less expensive license for home use for use with a specific controller.
You can look up the price (it depends on the controller) here:
http://virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Some controllers also come with a virtualdj le license, although this is only for new controllers, not second hand, and the le version is a bit limited (in particular the browser)

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 12:02 pm
The cheapest way in is something like a Numark DJ2GO, for which the VDJ 8 "Plus" controller license (home use) is $49.

It would be useful to have a chart available, that listed controllers and prices, so people could see at a glance the price for each license.

At the moment, you only get to see the price once you select a controller - which is OK if you have already chosen or bought it, but doesn't help to make pre-purchase decisions.

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 2:34 pm
SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
Thanks. I noticed there was no way to see a price comparison or even what each controller cost until selecting it. A simple spreadsheet on the site would go a long way at doing a price comparison. Are there any software limitations if I bought it this way??? Off to do some research on controllers.

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 3:35 am

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 7:30 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
correct me if im wrong here, but dont you have to buy each new version of serato seperately?

where you only have to pay for vdj one time and its a lifetime subscription?

also, serato does not handle video mixing or karaoke or numerous other things... so, is it actually more expensive? or are we just paying for more?

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:51 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i bought a licence from ebay once upon a time, it was the ACER licence, it came with a laptop someone had bought and they were never going to use it. so sold it on ebay. i forget how much i payed but it was pretty cheap (less than £10). dont think i could use a controller with it though i only bought it to add to my collection lol

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:55 pm
BootyMover wrote :
Virtual DJ is well worth the money and I think it's a very fair and affordable price for all it offers.

I agree 100% VDJ8 offers so much, it does some much more than the other digital software, VDJ++++ always a head of all the rest, VDJ set up for your controller 99% time it takes most amount time is less than 10 mins. the other softwares- your lucky if you can get it setup in an hour. j( of which I have 2 more softwars that I bought but do not use because set up sucks)** I will not mention them) but VDJ+++ easy set up(Mapping) I use the vinyl coding love it. But I would say for sure 100% best and easiest software to work with. And great tech. help, the others out there, they don't give too much information on set up, .
I appreciate the great instruction video's. And I am looking forward to new options added to VDJ+++
Just my opinion .

Posted Wed 31 May 17 @ 12:31 pm
I see the advertised price for the monthly subscription (shown in dollars) currently equates to £14.44. Why on click does it switch to £19.99 and NOT £14.44?
This is a software download and their are no additional costs involved and there is a decent/favourable taxation treaty between US/UK.
I subscribe to other services - beatport link for example and they convert cost according to the latest exchange rate. In fact, anything I have ever purchased from a US provider has been converted accordingly.
Why do consumers outside the US have to pay a premium at VDJ?
Advertising the price in the UK at $19.99 and subsequently adjusting the offer by an additional £5.59 prior to purchase - simply based on location - is misleading.
Why discriminatory pricing in the first place?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 6:53 pm
VAT is different in every country

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 7:04 pm
Taken VAT into account and it is still £5 more per month for the sub if in UK. Only Atomix does this.
It is in fact - under UK law - misleading pricing. They don't do it with the outright purchase - only the sub.
Anyway, I have Rekordbox now and will give that a blast. My Key Worker wages won't stretch to pay for the product outright and there's no DJ work right now. I'm simply dabbling online/streaming.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 20 @ 5:09 pm
I bet of perspective here ...

In live in the UK, so 20%vat, and of course the bad exchange rate

Market is depressed as it seems everyone s a DJ now days , eroding gignpric3s

But come on , you should be able to cover the cost of a full pro licence on just one gig , maybe two if your undercharging lol

Posted Fri 09 Oct 20 @ 5:20 pm
waynstar wrote :
Taken VAT into account and it is still £5 more per month for the sub if in UK. Only Atomix does this.
It is in fact - under UK law - misleading pricing. They don't do it with the outright purchase - only the sub.
Anyway, I have Rekordbox now and will give that a blast. My Key Worker wages won't stretch to pay for the product outright and there's no DJ work right now. I'm simply dabbling online/streaming.

Subscription and full payment are calculated and shown the same. Prices on the website are in USD and excluding vat. At checkout before you buy/subscribe you will see the exact price in your currency and with the vat applicable to you

Posted Fri 09 Oct 20 @ 5:37 pm
No. The click thru shows the UK price (with VAT included) to be £19 (ap. $24). I'm not earning money from this. It's a community radio project so there's no "gig" to pay for it. It's out of my own pocket if I can manage that. There's also the subs to download services and Mixcloud - clearly this all adds up.
I would use Rekordbox DJ but I'm having software issues when I use it with OBS. If I iron that problem out, this will be a forgotten thing and VDJ kicked to the kerb for the foreseeable future.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)