Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Copy cue points to new video encodes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I re-encoded my entire music video library to h.265 to save space (I can finally fit it on my internal drive!). But now I want to take all the cue points and fixed BPM data from the old files and copy them to the new files. The filenames are NOT the same, nor are the paths the same (because they are on the internal drive now). The extensions have also now changed from .mp4 to .mkv.

How can I accomplish this?

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 12:50 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can't.
You need to build up a new library.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 12:52 pm
PachN wrote :
You can't.
You need to build up a new library.

Surely there must be a way. Getting my library to its current state has taken two years.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 1:41 pm
Surely you can open the database folder xml in notepad and use "find and replace" ? this isnt my speciality but i would have thought if you did that and told it to replace every instance of .mpv and replace with .mkv. Would also need to do the same with the drive letter. Just try it with a couple fo tracks manually and see if it works.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 1:55 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Of course you can manually edit the database.
But a find and replace will not help much here since OP said the filenames changed, the file type and the file path.
Except of the filetype, the names and path have to be changed manually since a usefull find-replace is not possible.

@OP, I really can't think of a way how you are able to preseve and restore your database informations.
You just changed everything that could help identifying a song before and after encoding. Even the file size changed.
How on earth should VDJ know that it is the same track, just in another path, with another name, another filesize and another filetype.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 6:59 am
Thanks for the note about manually editing the database. I checked a few other threads here to see how that's done, then a few search-replaces did the trick. The filenames changed from ending with .h264.mp4 to .h265.mkv.

The one issue I'm having is that the re-encode seems to have added some lead-time to the front of the files so my cue points are a bit off. If anyone can think of a way to fix these without fixing them manually on all 2800+ songs, I'm all ears. Basically I need to add about 122 ms to every cue point in the database.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 7:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
shift_all_cues +122ms
per track

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 8:33 pm
locodog wrote :
shift_all_cues +122ms
per track

Awesome!! Thanks!

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)