Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask the DJ question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Had more of a general question about the ask a dj feature.
I know if I have VDJ running when people use it everything works fine.

Some of my gigs I tend to ask for requests ahead of time on a facebook event or similar methods. It would be cool if I could give out the link ahead of time to people to submit requests prior and then when I load up VDJ and connect to the internet and go into the folder they populate. I did some tests where I submitted something a few days before using VDJ and when I did they weren't there. So I assume there is some kind of timeout if they can't be sent to VDJ, does anyone know how long this is?

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 2:34 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Did you have your Computer AND Vdj on all the time, from the time you gave them the link to request to the gig ?

I think the site doesnt save (cache) the requests for you when youre not online, but I can be wrong ?

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 1:36 pm
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Yeah basically I'm looking for the feature to cache the requests when I am offline, so I can tell people to submit requests using it and then before my gig connect up and have them all there for me rather then a thread I have to check on my phone on the facebook event.
I don't have internet connectivity at my gig so can't actually use it live. So do the old fashion way live, but do give people the option to request stuff ahead of time in case they don't like coming up to the booth.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 1:42 am
I have set it up with my name as the venue name, so it is always the same for each gig. If someone sends me a request now, when i get home it will be on the laptop as soon as i open VDJ. The laptop doesnt have to be on at the time they send the request.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)