Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Making a 4 deck skin for the remote app could any one please help me out with a problem i am having - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

groovindj wrote :
Mr Box, IMHO the best way to learn skinning is to do exactly what you've been doing.

Have a look behind the scenes and figure out for yourself how a skin goes together. It's how I figured out enough to start modding skins (I've not made one from scratch yet) and it's how many skinners on here progressed. Staff members who skin are lucky enough to have access to (presumably) documented stuff that we only get to see much later - E.G. browser splits.

You should check out djdad's Skin Builder (available to all users).

@nassausky Mr Box has limited access to official skins due to his LE license, so I guess he's been scouring the internet for other sources. ISTR he posted once saying he's got hundreds of skins - well they didn't come from here.

DKKaos did originally post some preview pics of that skin here, but then I guess he decided to sell it rather than share with other members here.

yes they did come from here and i downloaded them my self on this account i have never had limited access to official skins due to my LE license on this site all the skins on here are available free including the official ones with the licence i have if you know where too look for them
(i can make you a short video proving it if you would like?)
& yes i did post once saying i have 100`s of skins about 1600 so far from custom/edited skins too original creations and ideas from people all over the globe
(1 of the joys of being an admin for a group with over 25.000 members)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 12:08 am
Dj~!NN@~B0X wrote :
all the skins on here are available free...with the licence i have

No they're not. Some skins are restricted to licenses above LE, which is why I was suspicious of how you obtained so many.

Dj~!NN@~B0X wrote :
if you know where too look for them

Meaning what? You got them somewhere else?

First you say you got all your skins from here (not possible with only an LE license) then you talk about a group (skin sharing?) so which is it?

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 6:45 pm
Good god Groovin, give it a rest already.

Geez man, your kicking a dead horse. Why do you always beat people down here in the forums??

Talking trash because they can't mix is o e thing but all this over some skins?? Seriously...... Leave the kid alone already.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 7:42 pm
ill tell you what ill make a quick video of me downloading some just to show you maybe then you will be satisfied yes ?

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 2:06 pm
Don't waste your time, he'll find something wrong, lmao!!

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 2:44 pm
Dj~!NN@~B0X wrote :
video of me downloading some

Yes, I know you can download "some" from here - but as an LE user, you shouldn't be able to download skins that are for Plus & Pro users.

If you reckon you can do that (on here), then there's a flaw in the system that Atomix would need to look into.

@Huey, there you go. I hope this post has given you a good laugh.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 4:30 pm

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 11:30 pm
It might have helped if you'd given a commentary...

What it looks like to me is that some things in the VDJ 8 download area that are (for example) Pro Only, are being duplicated in the VDJ 7 area - where they shouldn't be - and are not locked.

All that smoke and mirrors about "if you know where to look" - why didn't you just explain what it was you were doing?

OK thanks, I'll inform the web team. Hopefully they can prevent it.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 4:59 pm
groovindj wrote :
It might have helped if you'd given a commentary...

What it looks like to me is that some things in the VDJ 8 download area that are (for example) Pro Only, are being duplicated in the VDJ 7 area - where they shouldn't be - and are not locked.

All that smoke and mirrors about "if you know where to look" - why didn't you just explain what it was you were doing?

OK thanks, I'll inform the web team. Hopefully they can prevent it.

smoke and mirrors ?
let me explain for the visually impaired
1 i duplicated the page so you knew i was using the same account on both pages
2 i located the same skin on each page from 2 locations on this site
3 i proved to you that i did not have limited access too skins & that i got them legitly from this site
4 i showed you that you dont know everything you think you doo
5 i taught you how to do something on a site you have been on for 10 years
6 i think next time keep your opinions too your self because you have shown how much you know bud
i have a bro just like you buddy he`s an argumentative @2 too
please enjoy the rest of your evening :)

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 8:10 pm
I'm not visually impaired. I saw what was happening (as I said in my post).

Actually I don't know that it was your account. For all I know you could have a mate with a Pro license, and he could've made the video.

Showing one skin that's got a duplicate entry on the VDJ 7 page doesn't prove that you can get any skin that way. In fact I checked one Pro VDJ 8 skin, and
there was no sign of it in the VDJ 7 area.

Anyway, it's reported and under investigation.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 9:17 pm
wow your soo hard to please what did you want me to do raid the whole library ?
i chose one skin that i knew would work you want to pick the skins and i will make another video ?
or better yet why didnt you just try it for your self follow the video its not hard
FYI my name is at the top of the video on this website and if you have reported it they will see my real name with this nickname in my account details so that proves you wrong twice now
its amazing how you can keep trying to dig holes in this discussion with one foot in your mouth

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 9:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
I'm not visually impaired. I saw what was happening (as I said in my post) ........... .

>>In fact I checked one Pro VDJ 8 skin, and
there was no sign of it in the VDJ 7 area.<<

ok one more time for those that could not follow the video
lol
go to virtual dj 8 add-ons click on the icon that says filter and select for iphone/ipad from the list that pops up its at the bottom
then go to the second page its the only skin on page two you cant miss it lol
now heres the tricky bit
go to virtual dj 7 add-ons select all skins go to the 3rd page and use the mouse wheel to scroll down to the
bottom you will see the skin in my video
its not that hard a monkey could doo it

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 10:03 pm
If its been reported can an admin or someone let me know when they have watched the video so i can delete it off my youtube channel thanks

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 10:15 pm
Dj~!NN@~B0X wrote :

ok one more time for those that could not follow the video

Can't be for me then. As I said (getting deja vu here) I saw what was happening.

Now for your benefit - I checked another skin (not the one in the video) which is a Pro Only VDJ 8 skin, and it couldn't be accessed the same way. Clear now?

Posted Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 10:39 pm
was for you because you said you checked and could not find the skin in my video so either you lied and didnt check like you said you did or only got as far as finding the virtual dj8 addons

also which other skin did you try ?

Posted Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 12:56 am
Dj~!NN@~B0X wrote :
you said you checked and could not find the skin in my video

No I didn't. Maybe English is not your first language, but it was written clearly enough IMO.

I said I checked one skin. Not the skin One skin. A skin.

Then when you couldn't work that out, I emphasised by saying "not the one in the video". Seems clear enough to me.

My test proved that it's not possible to download "all the skins" on an LE license as you claim.

Posted Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 7:23 am
I told you Goovin will find fault in anything you do and as figured he was just setting you up so he could see what you were doing to try to prevent you from doing it..........

Posted Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 12:19 pm
Setting him up?

No I was just curious (and dubious) about his claim that he can get any skin from here, with only an LE license. That shouldn't be possible.

I didn't ask him to prove it to me.

Posted Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 3:01 pm
i dont care what his intentions are i have done nothing wrong lol

im surprised he has not questioned how i got the original skin creator program yet when you need pro account for that too
lets see lol

Posted Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 1:03 pm
How has this discussion managed to get this far without a moderator stepping in?

@groovin I agree with you on most things but you are just going way over the top here. I know how anal you can sometimes be and this thread just proves it.

You may think you're helping Atomix but from my view you are just trying to be superior and pissing all over a new member who is trying to be a bit creative and who might have found a loophole in this terrible website.

It's a few crappy skins for god sake.... It's not like he's stealing the crown jewels or something. Give it a break man!

Posted Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 9:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)