Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help! Virtual DJ 8 : timecode setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

klake4Home userMember since 2015
I just bought the Behringer DJX900 USB mixer, MAYA44 USB Sound card and 2 Kam DDX750 direct drive turntables. When I tried connecting it to Virtual DJ 8 I have no timecode signal. I have the decks set in line on channels 1&3. Please help me, i'm new to this setup, I'm so used to a plug and play controller. I also added a few pics and a video so you can see my connections.

Here is a video link to my problem:
https://youtu.be/bELcOhinVSI

Edited: No contact links by Home users AMAHM

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 1:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You're asking for help whilst using a cracked copy?

Poor form on your part, clean the living hell out of your machine, update and buy a licence and it will work

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:01 pm
I was just going to ask if you had the pro infinity licence?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:06 pm
I noticed that she had only one star under her name so I assumed she didn't have the pro licence. Now I've looked at her pics and video and can see she's using VDJ 8.1 and, as you pointed out, its registered to UNION??

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:55 pm
Also, why does her website say Serato Vinyl Help?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:57 pm
@locodog & @toppadon
I have no problem updating to Pro, I just didn't want to risk updating and finding out that my set up isn't compatible. One of my friends sent me a cracked file and I figured I might as well check it out, my usual setup is Serato but I only unlocked the controller feature, not timecode. If all I have to do is upgrade to pro then cool, If it's my setup then I want to know how to fix it.

@andy7689
The timecode vinyl I'm using is Serato.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:34 pm
Unfortunately, i think the cracked versions screw up some of the xml settings, so when you get a legit copy it has issues. There is a registry tool of some sort to clean that up. If you want to know if it works without committing then you could just subscribe for one month and see. I would suggest doing that rather than persevering with a dodgy version.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You don't need cracks to prove vdj, legit versions [even as a home/free licence user] give you a 10 minute trial session [every time you open v8.2] to prove your gear.
As you can imagine cracked sw users are advised, get the real deal or take a long walk off a short cliff, we'd rather you went legit.
Scrub the hookie version, download the up to date release, try again, and if you get stuck post audio config screenshots.

Since you're looking at bookings, then only full pro or pro subscriber is the correct licence, but as said, you can prove your gear with the home/free version

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:53 pm
@locodog Ok Sgt. Mega Balls you can tone it down a bit, it was never that serious. I got a cracked version, I just said I have no problem upgrading. I was testing my setup, it goes beyond VDJ; i'm checking compatibility, if everything works and if I need any more equipment. It's my first time using timecode, all I asked for was help, not to get bashed. If this was you helping me...then thanks, you could've saved yourself time by not writing on my forum.

@andy7689 Thank you, i'll check it out :)

edited for language by AMAHM

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 4:57 pm
@klake4

An attitude like that isn't likely to get you any more help.

Installing cracked software is downright stupid and totally unprofessional. But of course someone like yourself who apparently is a "radio director" or "producer" should know that already .... no?

I hope the millions of listeners you supposedly have aren't listening to their broadcast on cracked radio software.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 4:59 pm
Krystal, I think the issue may be with signal levels.

If the output of those turntables is direct from the cartridges then it will be very low level (designed to feed a phono RIAA input on a DJ mixer).

The inputs of the MAYA44 are line level inputs, so the direct output of the turntables will be way too low for them.

Basically the MAYA44 is not designed for DVS so it doesn't have RIAA phono level inputs, which DVS / timecode audio interfaces do.

If the TT outputs are at line level then ignore everything I just wrote.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 6:38 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He's still trying since 2015 ^^

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 6:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)