Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Finding Great Peak hour club mixes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The last few years I find it harder and harder to find really good "ass shaking" mixes of current "hits" to keep the energy going at peak hour. I'm looking for stuff that is on the same level as the great remixes of the late 90s and early 2000s.
When the hits were remixed by;
Thunderpuss (Barry Harris and Chris Cox), Tony Moran, Ralphi Rosario, Victor Calderone, Junior Vasquez even Dave Aude's earlier stuff.
Barry Harris is still producing some great remixes like, Rihanna's Work and Sia's Cheep Thrills.
Some of the other guys are still producing, but not working on the mainstream artist's songs that are in demand on the dance floor.
I do find some good stuff now and then, but it's so time consuming to sift through the huge amounts of remixes and miss-labeled genres.
In the early 2000s all you needed was a subscription to Promo Only's Mainstream Club series and you had most of the great stuff. Now it's all down-tempo short mixes with a lot of distorted loops that don't even sound like they belong in the songs.
Any thoughts?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 4:43 pm
Make your own!! You're a DJ aren't you?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 5:37 pm
DJs play music, producers make or remix it.

I'm no Calvin Harris or Metro and neither are 99.999% of other DJs.

What a stupid reply to this topic.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 5:40 pm
I think djrated was referring to mixes (what the poster asked for) when the poster actually wants remixes.

Still applicable though. With typical DJ controllers and software now, it's way easier to remix something yourself than in the old days.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:15 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
DJs play music, producers make or remix it.

I'm no Calvin Harris or Metro and neither are 99.999% of other DJs.

What a stupid reply to this topic.

Man what are talking about, the djs i know are producers also...Large Professor, Pete rock, Premiere...ooooh i forgot thats hiphop...
EDM must be where the djs are not allowed to produce.
I might be thinking with a hip-hop mind but edm music basically have the same basic structure, Using the hiphop method of the blend taking an acapella and finding a hot beat track with your builds and bass drops, freaking the beat in Locodogs routine plugin making remixes is easier than searching looking for them.

Before you call me stupid or having a stupid comment, remember i see no limits for the DJ, he can also be a producer if its even on the fly on the decks at the gig. Well that what i was taught as a dj.

But is this why most edm djing i see is prerecorded, because the producers are doing parties with tracks they made earlier. But not being DJs they cant do live mixes, and DJ doesnt produce so he has to search for mixes. Hmmm...

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:17 pm
True, but there's only so much you can do with a controller and DJ software (or even a DAW) without access to the multitrack.

To do it properly (the type of thing the OP is referring to) is not quite so easy as pressing a few pads on a controller. That's more a re-edit than a true remix.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
I think djrated was referring to mixes (what the poster asked for) when the poster actually wants remixes.

Still applicable though. With typical DJ controllers and software now, it's way easier to remix something yourself than in the old days.

Yes, I meant remixes.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:46 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Make your own!! You're a DJ aren't you?

I do remix sometimes. It's just that I don't have the time.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)