Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to have a slideshow AND milkdrop overlayed?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i feel like there must be a way to do this, but i can't seem to blend milkdrop visualizations with a slideshow on the same track?! i can have milkdrop running on the right deck and mix w a slideshow on the left deck and i can use the master sliders to control transparency, but that means i need a deck just running slideshows the whole time and it makes things confusing (especially cause im also working with actual videos in the same set) if i put the slideshow or milkdrop on the master effects, they just cover up whatever was coming from the decks, and i can only ever see one or the other. i even tried creating transparent png's and gif's for the slideshow, hoping that would work, but no luck :/

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:10 pm
You might want to try TellyMedia. I have not used it but I believe it can do what you are looking for

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:15 pm
i have it installed but it doesnt seem to offer any additional functionality beyond the regular slideshow that would help me with this particular problem...

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Milkdrop doesn't presently offer any transparency.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Please don't cross post, 1 post is enough.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:55 pm
sorry, my bad. was hoping posters watching the other thread might be able to help.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:06 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
You might want to try TellyMedia. I have not used it but I believe it can do what you are looking for

actually i ended up just giving tellymedia a try again and it seems like it actually works ALMOST perfectly, so THANK YOU! the only problems are the interface is more annoying than the basic slideshow, and i cant adjust the transparancy level between milkdrop and the images, but those are minor issues, and it has simplified things immensely. thanks again!!!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:45 pm
Using the media tab in TM you can layer transparent videos over carousel or over slideshow or milkdrop. You can also set a global transpareny of TM's Media, Carousel, and Camera. But you can't layer slideshow or milkdrop over anything without obscuring what is below. You can change the layering of the media tab, carousel, and camera within TM itself.

TellyVisuals has better layout tools and you can capture the VDJ video. That is, anything playing in VDJ and could be actual video or some other plugin. In TV you can set the transparency for a panel image including VDJ video. It can then be resized and given other attributes. But it won't help too much with layering... There is nothing below the VDJ video except black. You can use the image transparency within TV for various effects though.

New TellyVisuals (NTV) will take on video and slideshows and more. Working slowly on it.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 5:52 pm
thank you! i also ended up discovering the telly transparency slider on my own after my last post :) it does a lot more than i initially realized.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 6:22 pm
This image shows TMs carousel playing a transparent video over a still image from the media tab. You could reverse them though so media tab is on top and carousel is on bottom. You change the layering in the layout tab by clicking on the Media, Carousel, or Camera buttons and dragging them up or down. Both the Media and Carousel tab can be automated. Videos or images that contain transparency do not need to be set with global transparency settings in general but can be.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 6:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)