Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem locating files inside correct directory

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Evening all.
I seem to have an issue with some (not all) files missing from my virtual folders and showing errors when i try to load them. If i click on 'relocate missing file' they are already pointed to the right file, in the correct directory. If i then click on the file in the directory, it loads them fine. Is this a bug in the system? I have tried the usual database cleans and re adding the drives, doesn't seem to have made any difference. Is there anything else i can try or has anyone else experienced this? Many thanks, Matt G.

Ps: Its only happened since i have updated to the latest build.

Thanks again

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 10:42 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is it possible that the drive letter of the track's filepath could have changed?
For the filepath in the database the drive letter doesn't matter but if it is the same for virtual folders (and playlists) I'm not sure.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 11:24 am
It's very strange as almost all of the older virtual folders are ok, it's just the recent ones (last 6 months or so, and only some of the tracks). All my music and videos are on one external drive. Hard to explain but if I click relocate missing file, it's already pointed to the correct folder on the correct drive, with the correct file selected, I just click ok and it works. Really scratching my head lol

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 3:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can open the tag editor for one of the missing files to see the full path. That may explain why vdj doesn't find it in that location

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 10:25 am
meswindPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I’m having the same problem. For a long time my files were saving on my desktop so I moved them all to my external hard drive and now I literally have to search for most songs using the search tool in Mac and dragging the file to play it. I need help help help!!!

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 6:40 pm
hi , i'm having trouble as well

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 6:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)