Forum: VirtualDJ 8.2 Technical Support

Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to VirtualDJ 8.2.

(NOTE: VirtualDJ 8.2 is continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)
Topic: Komplete Audio 6 interface considered a "DJ Mixer" for home version?
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie and have searched the forums and inter webs for an answer but maybe I have got the terminology wrong.

I'm looking to play around with VDJ8 at home but my laptop speakers aren't great.

I have a Komplete Audio 6 audio interface that I was wanting to use to hook up to some speakers and was wondering whether this would be considered a "Dj Mixer" and thus I would be violating the home use policy OR it would cut out after 10 minutes if I used it?

If so, am I better off getting VDJ7 for now and trying it out for size...I'm assuming there would be no licence issue in this case?

Thank you for your help.

Posted 5 days ago @ 2:13 am
locodogPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Should be ok to use in a master & headphones set up, for auido quality I'd recommend v8 over v7 every day of the week.

Of course you'll need either powered speakers or an amp & speakers.

Posted 5 days ago @ 2:46 am
Thanks so much for your reply and top on VDJ8 over 7.

I assume the master + headphones will allow me to cue up on the headphones while the main output is going out of the speakers?

I have a Bose L1 system that I use as a solo acoustic musician.

Posted 5 days ago @ 8:26 am
That's right.

Posted 5 days ago @ 9:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A german user "reported" the same.
He wants to use an Audio 2 soundcard and as soon as he tries to setup a master+headphone config VDJ asks for a "analog mixer licence".

Is this a new behaviour?

Posted 4 days ago @ 11:12 am
I'll check but I'm sure HLU's can use a AI as long as it's M&H

Posted 4 days ago @ 12:27 pm
I noticed recently the free version is hounding me every 10 minutes for a licence even though I don't have a multi-channel sound card.

Maybe just incorrect sound settings but bugging all the same.

Posted 4 days ago @ 12:29 pm