Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Real tags would be a major feature!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everybody,

I sincerely miss one major feature which would be of great help : a way to tag songs in a convenient, fast and visual way like Pioneer DJ program does. I know you can actually use the "comments" field in order to fill tags (see http://djtechtools.com/2016/08/15/breaking-the-code-coding-system-for-your-library/) but in my opinion this isn't that convenient. What do other DJs think, how do you manage tags for different music (sub)genres?

All the best
DJ X-gORe

Posted Sat 31 Dec 16 @ 9:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you mean rekordbox, and if so, what do you mean exactly that they have that VDJ doesn't?
All I see is a Genre selection, but that is the same in VDJ.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 16 @ 10:21 am
I believe what he is asking for is

mood
vocal
venue
Set Time

when you click on one of these it brings up a dialogue with a bunch of items you can select see image below for example.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 16 @ 3:02 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
I find the comment section an OK way to do this. I have it so that pressing "c" on the keyboard brings up the window for me to type the comment (not the tag editor), so I can quickly type it then press enter to save. I have smart folders set up to handle them. A native solution would be good though.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 4:17 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Serine wrote :
pressing "c" on the keyboard brings up the window for me to type the comment .

What script do you use?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 4:48 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Literally just remapped the controller "keyboard" so that the letter "C" is assigned
edit_comment

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 6:54 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
@Serine

ty

Posted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 8:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)