Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Newbie with setup and technique questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone. I am very new to DJ'ing. My setup is very basic right now. MacBook Pro with Virtual DJ 8.1 and the Numark DJ2Go controller. All I'm looking to do right now is perfect fading back and forth cleanly between tracks, as well as be able to preview next track in the headphones.

Here's how I have my audio setup. I have a 1/8" stereo male to 2 (two) 1/4" mono female splitter. The settings in VDJ are Speaker +Headphone (output); Stereo to Mono splitter (card); nothing (input). So, below those selections, it shows. Source - master, Sound Card - Built-In Output, Channel - Chan 1 (mono). And, Source - headphones, Sound Card - Built-in Output, Channel - Chan 2 (mono).

My issue is being able to fade over from 1 track to the other. I think my technique is wrong, no surprise there being a newbie.

When I have deck 1 playing, the Play/Pause button is lit solid. Headphone button is lit solid. Fader is far right. For Track 2, Play/Pause is blinking. Cue is blinking.
At this point, nothing is coming through the headphones, which I think is correct. If I hit play for Track 2 I hear it in the headphones and it does not come out over the master speakers (great). If I reverse these settings then I can hear Track 1 in the headphones successfully. My issue is trying to play the "other" track to the speakers and do a fade from one track to the other. It seems like the only way I can get the "other" track to come out over the master is to hit the headphone of the track that is playing, in order to hear the "other" track - this cuts off the track currently playing (no bueno). I don't know how to get both tracks out to the master at the same time so I can fade over smoothly.
Also, it doesn't appear that any of the volume controls on the DJ2GO are working. I have paid for the Numark DJ2GO controller license and it shows in Settings>Licenses>Current Licenses. The pitch controls, fader, turn tables, play/pause and cue buttons and headphone buttons all appear to be working. I can also use the scroll wheel, to select tracks, but I have to double-click A or B to load, instead of clicking A or B and then Enter to load (like I have seen online).

Well, I hope this explains everything and I hope my answer is easy. I was thinking about ordering a USB sound card to separate the headphone from the speaker outputs to see if that fixes my issue but I want to see what the experts have to say. Many thanks in advanced.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 4:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)