Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Update 1.07! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Sure, there are thousands of us who purchased FX. And, no one is happy...yet.
The truth is that none of these programs are perfect.

If I could get the auto cross fade of FX and the search engine from VDJ and the record case and case player from Red and the OTS cut'n fade and the over loop and effects from VDJ, in one program I would be in hog heaven.
I consider owning a licence at the discount I got it at, a valuable option when they get it right in the future, which they will I believe.
I have to agrue the support comment though.
Support isn't able to help when the program is that broken.
The FX forum has some of the answers for those willing to commit to it, I was not willing. Visio also has a toll free # now to call for support.
I feel they made some errors in judgement with respect to early release on FX, it just wasn't ready and they know it.

I am still hard pressed to understand why it is so difficult for someone to come along and create a program that utilizes all of the best features as I have described. And, have it work out of the box with no upgrades necessary to make it function properly. I have bought 2 programs so far based on speculative features that have yet to come, stupid me.......

VDJ is the only one that has come along that comes close to satisfying this request. In the average DJ's eyes they have the potential to become the leader in this business, the word is spreading fast.

I still have to say I have issues that cause me to continue to use Red though. Hopefully the future revisions will offer the remedies I'm looking for.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 4:03 pm
ok.lets put the stuffs in the right order.Atomix team is quite different philosophy than the other programs.I will explain that.First of all service support is exactly as yan-x said.I had a perfect support when i was a demo user of atomixmp3, full user and vip member with no changes in the way of the answears.There is one thing that users has to keep in mind.Acctually that was my problem before in the atomix forum.I was seeing users asking the same things that other users had already asked and that brakes my nerves.BEfore you make a question you have to search the forum first.Its really annoying see a question that you already answeard and have to say the same things allover again just because the user doesnt searched the answears.(personal opinion).About atomix team.The difference is that they LISTEN to the users.that means that as a company they take serious suggestions and thoughts about what a dj program can be from all users (trial and full).But here i have to explain something.It is different to ask somethings that are overloaded for the stability of the program.What that means.I want also vdj to have all the feautures of all the programs that exist in internet at the moment.But is this easy to make?if you think that is easy try make it yourself and i will buy it first.So acctually we have to go step by step cause programming with STABILITY of a software program is what we want and not a buggy version.Vdj at the moment with that price gives more than its price.what i mean.you have simillar programs with the SAME features or LESS feautures for much bigger price.And asking for more is not correct at the moment.At the moment vdj has all the feautures that a dj needs and maybe little more.I am sure that most of us dont use all the feautures of that program but as much as we can.and i am sure that at the moment vdj has enough stuff and you can surelly use it in a gig.About trial members and the way that respont to them.Listen.here is a company that produce a software.its not a playground.That doesnt mean that ALL the trial users are came here for joke.Most of them own a cracked version of 1.02 and trying to play with.I am ok with that.its not my problem afterall.My problem is that their asking some questions and they are getting ungry when they dont answear on time.All the posts from trial users are replied with no offence although from the people here that they are trying to help.and ofcourse i cannot understand the way of some trial users like (oh this program sucks) when they worked on it only 20 days.So respect the team to respect you.although that respect you even when you show no respect to the team.And be sure there will be absolutelly no other way of treatment here.All posts are replied when the user saying something serious and there is something to say about it.Thats all.About delaying of the next version.What is the problem with that?in atomix we was waiting one year for the next version i think it was jump from 1.12 to 2.1 and 2.2 i cannot remember exactly.But if you was working on 1.0x and you got 2.2 it was a totally amazing upgrade.As the team shown here they are making upgrade when they are totally sure that there is quite enough progress on that.I dont care to have 50 versions of the same program i like to have 3-4-5 different verssions that you can see progress.Exception on that is when there are bugs.And ofcourse you get imediatly the next version with bugs fixed.

p.s. i am not representing atomix team all the above its my personal opinion.
p.s.2 sorry for my poor english

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 5:21 pm
Dimitri,
Very valid points man.
I never gave hackers of the program a second thought.
One would think that for $100.00 they would just buy it rather than steal it. It takes real balls to steal a program and come here for help, that's pretty incredible.
I had the demo for 6 hours and bought the program outright because I could see the value and had heard about the nearly constant development.
On the subject of searches for info, I agree duplicate questions are frustrating i'm sure. I'm probably guilty of that myself on occasion.
The fact you state concerning immediate re-release is also valid which has to say something for the integrity of the last release if there is no need for corrective action thus far, another good point.
Some of us are somewhat spoiled by the availablility of phone numbers for support here in the states. That probably contributes to the impatience of some here.
Thanks
Rick

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 6:02 pm
Hey, wait a minute.............The original post is worded:

"Alright, it has been more than a month since 1.06 and still no update :(

I need full DM2Midi support on Virtual DJ...

Please, I know you guys are very busy working at it, but full midi support is necessary for Virtual DJ 2 take on Trakotr, thx guys!"

My question is how is a trail version user able to wait "more than a month since 1.06"?

Is this program so easy to crack that users can be so blantant with questions (or ball busting) that they reveal that 20 days has long since passed?

As digital dj's we are pioneers and take a lot of heat from people because of the internet issues. Now we have programs out there (even free ones) that undermine our whole legitimate operations and question our integrity as a group.

Programmers: you need to know that the ball lies in your court to help stop the SOB's who steal the music, the programs and our jobs, not to mention the damage to our credibility of us as a group. Help us help you, they are stealing from you too.

Please open a closed forum for full version users, the last thing we as paying legitimate DJ's want to do is help fuel the figgin' SOB's stealing from everybody and slashing our throats.
A closed forum can be done and is practiced with other products I own, this is crazy.

Rick

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 7:10 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Hello everybody,

a quick note about the trial version.

In virtual-DJ (our first software 4/5 years ago !) the time limit was about 5 minutes !

In AtomixMP3 we set a time limit to 15 minutes

To let users test Virtual DJ we have added a time limit of 20 days without any other restriction (except one or two features but not critical to test the power of our fame engine)

So as you can see, more than ever users are now able to test the power of digital mixing !

Best regards,
Yan-X

Posted Sun 26 Oct 03 @ 1:14 am
XiomanHome userMember since 2003
This guy "Mp3jrick" You're so f-cking stupid... not sure if you know there's a release date on the main page... it's not that hard to figure out, really...

I'm following the progress and not buying it until I get what I want... So shut the f-ck up and think b4 u talk STUPID!

Posted Sun 26 Oct 03 @ 11:42 pm
Xioman again 1 post like that and you'll be banned.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 03 @ 11:50 pm
Sniff.....snifff.....
I think I smell a hack.......with an attitude.....
Sorry, Mr "real dj", spend the hundred or find another one to crack.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 03 @ 11:57 pm
oh lord come on now...first off i have to say VDJ is at the top as far as digital dj'ing...secondly give the programmer's a break its not easy to do what they have done...also if VDJ doesnt do what you what/need it to do then find a program that can til then just chill and mixx...anyone ever heard the saying"we don't always get what we what"...and to sum it up the whole VDJ team has done a wonderful job keep it up and dont rush anything...also you little babys(who most likely cant dj at all)can hide behind the internet and cry all you want but disrespecting/attacking others will not help you at all and keep in mind that if you do ever need help on something no one going to care...my 2 cents plus a few more...

P.S. I've showed a few semi-pro DJ's this program and they get wood from it...

Posted Mon 27 Oct 03 @ 9:08 am
My only compliant has been that VDJ team has still not made the nanoneuro-reciever-transmitter so I can mix with no hands! I mean sure the fluxinterphasemulticapsitor was cool, but that is sooo last week. lol!

Seriously though,

There is no need to flame here, what is accomplished by it? nothing. If you get upset go mix for awhile, I found that I can mix alot better when I am peved at something/someone, and afterwards I am not so upset anymore.

Regards;

Redman247

(Helping you to mixing nirvana since 1971) lol!

Posted Mon 27 Oct 03 @ 10:30 am
ROFLMAO...Nicely put Redman

Posted Mon 27 Oct 03 @ 1:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)