Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: question about bpm

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello there... how can I fix the bpm reading on both sides. I would like to have the reading not lower than 80 bpm and not higher than 190 bpm. for all song in both plates .. . or at least both plates reading the same bpm on all song. thank you for your help.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 2:59 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Uhm, and what do you want VDJ to display if the songs ARE lower or higher than 80/190 BPM?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 3:01 pm
PachN wrote :
Uhm, and what do you want VDJ to display if the songs ARE lower or higher than 80/190 BPM?

some times the song read one speed and next time read diferent and I don't know why.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 3:11 pm
djkcris5 wrote :
or at least both plates reading the same bpm on all song.

Adjust the tempo slider.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 3:12 pm
djkcris5 wrote :
PachN wrote :

some times the song read one speed and next time read diferent and I don't know why.

for example.. I know a lot of song that I can mix together but now with vdj 8 some song read difente speed ...never had this problem with vdj7 ...thank foy helping me.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 3:16 pm
If you know, that the BPM is wrong, you can change it manually by pressing the "/2" or "*2"-Buttons in BPM-Editor or Tag-Editor for the tracks.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 4:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's also a script method to save opening the editor,

set_bpm 50%
set_bpm 200%

or for total ease use Grid Adjust pad page.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 5:09 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
VDJ 8 is using a different analysing method as VDJ 7.

So every track that wasn't scanned with V8 enginge already will get reanalysed.
After that it should not change everytime.

Maybe it is the autoBPMMatch setting. Turn it off.

And I suggest you do a full analyse for BPM of your library if you haven't done after switching from v7 to v8.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)