Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: numark nv2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
sad to report the sound quality of the nv2 is horrible. i did a good mix, uploaded it to soundcloud and it sounds like am radio. hmm my denons sound great. bought a used pioneer djm t1. i know its for traktor. but it might be exactly what i want a simple 2 channel mixer that has usb and midi. i see its listed here as supported. lets see how this turns out. stlll a vj8 fan. i was warned the sound quality was bad. oh well. the numark ns3 sounds incredible. just too big.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 16 @ 3:48 pm
weird how on winamp. music sounds fine. there is a filtered/metallic/underwater sound when playing with the asio drivers. maybe wasabi is better. i will do more testing.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 16 @ 4:20 pm
platinum notes might be the culprit. i uploaded the pure wav to soundcloud and its better, but not as good as the denon or pio.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 11:35 am
Turn off the add warmth setting in platinum notes

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 5:44 pm
I haven't tried to record, but for normal playback I can't understand any difference in sound quality between Numark NV2 and let's say Pioneer SX2 or Denon MC6000MK2
Therefore it must be something wrong with your settings.
Please list your audio and recording settings and let's see if I can reproduce, or if we need to troubleshoot your system.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 8:55 am
i am using an acer aspire black edition. i7 6600q, 32gbs ddr4 ram, 3 terabytes samsungs evos, 4k, running windows 10 build 14971. i just got a used pioneer djm t1. meant for traktor. and the sound quality blows away any controller i used since the numark ns3. you get what you pay for. my speaks are mackie topsco s8, with krk rockit 5s. and harmon kardon soundssticks.

so my specs are fine.

the djm t1 works perfectly with vjd8.2. , better than traktor actually. i use all 3, serato, traktor, and vdj. they all have their own "sound".

i ordered a while back the stanton s4? or whatever. send it back next day. so yes its the hardware of the mixer/controller and maybe better drivers.

now my issue i miss the jogwheels. and im not shelling out 750 euros each for the little new controllers pioneer has.

when i had my ddj-sz, i singned up for recordbox, you need to go through this shitty kuvo service. when i sold that controller that person kept my name. so i am "locked out" of recordbox. no big deal.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 10:05 am
Hi can you tell me why my Numark NV2 keeps freezing whilst using VDJ 8 pro? I have a new laptop and a powered external hard drive. Sometimes it freezes after 3 songs and other times after an hour or so.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 7:42 pm
Possibly the PC shutting off USB power?

Load some songs on the internal HDD and see if it still freezes.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 7:51 pm
Yeah I would say it's probably to do with the hard drive. My nv2 workso fine, has never frozen so I doubt it would be to do with the controller.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 10:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)