Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMX plugin...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It would be so cool if someone with the skills, could make a plugin for ADJ MyDMX 3.0 that would work in VDJ 8

Know about the freestyler & sweetlight plugins, but given the price of the dongle for the mydmx, i think its gonna sell big....

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 7:41 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
FYI: I use Freestyler and made my own dongle for DMX for about $15... much lower than the price of the ADJ unit.
If you are comfortable cutting wires and soldering, you can do it too. Let me know if you want info on how to do that. In fact soldering is optional if you want to pay just a few dollars more for a 'screw-down' version of the FTDI module.

That said, I agree with you that it would be great to have a plugin for the ADJ software and every other type of DMX software if someone is inclined to write it ;)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 8:18 pm
I know that a DIY module is even cheaper...
But was thinking about ready to use product...

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 9:38 pm
If you just need the midi-clock, to trigger you DMX lights "in time", you can use LoopBe1 Free Virtual MIDI Driver
http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
Then you setup VDJ8 to send the midi clock to LoopBe1, and MyDMX 3.0 to read from it
I tested it last week with the VDJ8 in the foreground and MyDMX 3.0 in the background/minimized, and MyDMX picks up the midi clock instantly
I then used a Novation Lauchpad to trigger the scenes in MyDMX (after disabling the Launchpad in VDJ, so it didn't trigger anything there :) ), so that I didn't need to look at or touch the MyDMX software while DJing

Please note: I've haven't tried it at a gig yet. I'm pretty new to DMX - my lights normally just run master/slave setups.
So I need to create some useable moving head scenes and so on before actually using it in public.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:19 am
Problem is only that there is no midi device connected to the machine.
using a touch screen :)

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 12:48 pm
Can anyone tell me if I can use VDJ 7 or 8 along with myDMX 2.0 or 3.0 and perhaps that LoopBe1 software to allow me to use a single keystroke on keyboard (preferred) or external midi controller and have one button activation of a sound sample in VDJ while simultaneously triggering a basic DMX light scene through myDMX 2.0/3.0? It's for a game show entertainment package. My knowledge of VDJ and myDMX is high other than using midi controllers.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 6:46 am
would be cool of VDJ made something similar to SoundSwitch

Posted Sun 20 Nov 16 @ 6:49 am
jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I know this is an old thread but can anyone advise on alternative to LoopBe for midi triggering?

LoopBe clashes with my Pioneer driver so both can't be used on the same PC.

TIA

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 6:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)