Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Song went into reverse

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

I've only just got back into using VDJ after moving to another program in 2010.

This weekend, a song just paused. When I pressed play again, it started from the pause mark but in reverse.

I wasn't even near the PC or controller when it happened. Completely random.

Had to restart the software (not the pc) to get it to come right.

What causes this?

On a DJ forum, users said to right click the play button? This doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll need to set everything up to test again so looking for something to work with here first.

Windows 7
Denon HC4500 controller
HC4500 skin
Recent version of 8.x (might be missing the very latest update, but updated less than a month ago).

This little hiccup aside, I'm really liking the latest VDJ. It's solid. Time to upgrade my controller too.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 6:02 am
Just me huh?

I'm hoping this is an isolated incident. I can't replicate it. Just odd.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 2:10 am

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 9:28 am
Maybe it's the way I have my system mapped, but right click on a play button does exactly the same as left click. I can't get it to go into reverse even if I wanted to, plus the relaly odd thing with this was I was nowhere near the controller or mouse.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:22 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Will it do it again with the same track?

I have in the past been sneaky with action poi on my mates tunes XD

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:42 am
OK, tried the system again last night (and even played that same track, same file) without incident...

EXCEPT

When I first started the program, that same player was playing in reverse. I'd done nothing, touched nothing, just started the program and loaded a random track and it was playing in reverse.

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 6:09 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Map a smart button as reverse and press when a track goes reverse it will change direction.

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 4:23 pm
OK, I guess that's a fix. It would be nice to know what's actually causing this.

I'm going to blame my near prehistoric controller which gives me an excuse to buy new gear. :)

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 1:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)