Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: v8.2. b3432 crash with Mixtrack

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
It has happened recently on the gig that VDJ v8.2 b3432 suddenly became unresponsive and Windows dialog popped out, saying that Virtual DJ has become unresponsive and that I can either wait or close it. The music kept playing, but I couldn't control anything, not even with a Mixtrack Pro, so I had to close and open it up again. This is very annoying, but ok, being in silence for less than a minute is embarrassing, you can somehow compensate it afterwards, right? Wrong, the sidelist I have been working on for the whole night and the song I already played has completely reset to the state when VDJ was closed properly last time. It's impossible to memorize all the songs played and recreate the whole playlist again, so this drastically affects the whole performance of the gig.

I don't have any problems with PC whatsoever, so please don't advise me to follow PC optimization guide etc. if none of other software is crashing. I am obviously not alone with such problem: http://virtualdj.com/forums/212925/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/Mixtrack_Pro_2_Crashes_VDJ.html

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 10:57 am
newmskiHome userMember since 2005
krn3ki - I had the same issue on Saturday testing the latest build. I added a ton of songs to the sidelist, from previous lists (history), Virtual froze and had to do the same, close it by task manager. When I opened it again, it had lost all the songs I had just transferred to the sidelist. It appeared pick up from where it too closed properly the time previous.
However, I used the latest build Saturday night and it seemed to work without any issue, I was wary incase of a repeat of the week previous (I did post on here but have had no response from anyone about it) where I was using the SSX 2, and about 1am, Virtual closed on me and then reopened automatically and it prompted to use new soundcard/controller when I had been using the same device all evening. V odd behavior. I noticed that evening the wav forms were juddery for the last hour. But the new build seems to have sorted that out, and appeared fine.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 12:12 pm
Thanks for you input newmski, please let me know, which build do you find stable? Did you use Mixtrack on the 1st occasion when it crashed or any other MIDI controller?

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 10:29 pm
Hi krn3ki, sorry for late response.
I was using the 3432 build last Saturday, but I notice they have a new update: 3440 out.
Give 3432 a try, but I'll be trying the 3440 out at home, before I use it to play out on.
But 3432 def seemed to help, stopping the judder with the wav forms etc.
Also, someone posted a tip that I used as well, to turn off windows power management for usb ports, shows: Generic USB Hub: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Untick that box if it shows there. That seemed to help also. Go Device Manager / Unversal Serial Bus Controllers / Generic USB Hub - right click on there, properties, power management.
Let us know how you get on with it.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 3:51 pm
Oh, I normally use the mixtrack pro 2, without failure, but that night I had issues with it, I was using the ssx2

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 3:53 pm
newmski wrote :
krn3ki - I had the same issue on Saturday testing the latest build. I added a ton of songs to the sidelist, from previous lists (history), Virtual froze and had to do the same, close it by task manager. When I opened it again, it had lost all the songs I had just transferred to the sidelist. It appeared pick up from where it too closed properly the time previous.

At this point, when testing the build I was using the Mixtrack Pro 2
The saturday night, I was using the ssx2 (friends controller)
Last Saturday evening, using build 3432, I was using the ssx2 (friends controller)
But I always test with my own Mixtrack Pro 2 or if I play out anywhere, I use the Mixtrack Pro 2
Also use the built in soundcard from it. Seems fine.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 4:00 pm
Thanks for the tips, I will check it out and let you know, if I get any more crashes.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)