Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix Out of memory trouble

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Trying to use Virtual DJ as my default music player, but it does not buffer up all songs or mixes so they just cut off when the preloaded buffer has been played... I have 8GB on my PC, but it don't load and play more than about 48min, sometimes just about 20min, depends on how much free ram I have. Is this something that would be done something with? Love to use this as player when I do other things, since I can play a little on the mixer once in a while with effects, Key or pitch. Or could this be some incorrect values in my options?

Posted Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 10:19 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Notice this "virtualdj streaming" error too. What I do is restart computer and all is good again.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 2:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Your maxpreloadlength is set too high or disabled possibly. Try putting it to 20.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 5:38 am
Ah, yes of course, preloadlenght was set too high (240) because I wanted to see the whole waveform of the mix. And it loads fine 200+ minutes a couple of times, but then memory fills up. Is there a way to get Virtual DJ to flush memory preload that has been used and is not loaded in any deck anymore?

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:24 am
When you load a new track the memory from the previous track is freed.
In case this message appears (and especially in your case where it says 800Mb still free) it is supposed to switch to streaming automatically, so I'm not completely sure why that isn't working.

Since 8.2 (and perhaps the last 8.1 build, I forgot when exactly this was changed) the waveform is always loaded completely, so there's no reason to set the preload length too high.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:48 am
Thanks for the info. :) This software is just getting better and better. I love it!

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 7:50 am
Hmmm... is it just me, or did it fall back after todays update? v8.2 b3324? I have set preload-lenght to 30 and the waveform just show between 34 and 50 mins...

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 12:48 pm
RoninSaniShipibo wrote :
Hmmm... is it just me, or did it fall back after todays update? v8.2 b3324? I have set preload-lenght to 30 and the waveform just show between 34 and 50 mins...

Works fine here.
I just loaded 2 tracks with the length of 46 and 55 min with maxPrelaodLeangth set to 20.
They load fine and the entire wave form of both files are shown
Virtual DJ 8.2 b 3324 on win7

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 4:12 pm
Aha, yes exactly... it shows the whole waveform... But there is probably another bug... you know the line that shows how long it has been played (where my pointer is pointing in the screenshot Edit: pointer does not show on screenshot) goes to the end long before it has played out... You can see the played and remaining time. I was out working for an hour, and when I came back it was like this. And it's not my cats hehe

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:23 pm
Is it still the same when you load this file again?
It's possible that the original length estimate was wrong if it was not analyzed before, but after loading it once it should have the accurate length of the file.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 6:49 am
It doesn't happen now... strange thing. But yesterday I had one bad (out of 4) memory-bricks (4x2GB) and only 5.8GB was usable in windows. Re-installed the cpu and the memory and have now 8GB again. Could be that this had something to do with my trouble. I did not use auto-mix either last time. Just loaded one long mix into each track. But I will post if this happens again, and check how it is when I reload the file. Thanks for the tip. :)

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:37 am
It happens again now... no matter how many times I reload the track, it don't fix the problem. The whole waveform is showing, but the "timepointer line" goes beyond the waveform, and the time is not correct contra the waveform. Restarting Virtual DJ fix the problem for a while... then it comes back.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:29 pm

image with more details... when this happens, it happens with all tracks that last over 45min.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)