Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask The DJ messages on screen
Hi

Love the Ask The DJ feature - would it be possible in a future update to add a fourth option to the right click menu for received messages to show the messages on secondary monitors via the video output ?

We use video walls and/or projectors in our venues and it would be great to be able to show messages from the audience on the screens, possible in a ticker tape style

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 7:02 pm
Hi,

+1 and Pictures.

GK

Posted Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 6:09 am
there are pluggins for that feature if i am not mistaken.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 11:21 pm
Try Telly Media and Telly Visuals, in the plug in section. These versions are free, donations get you the advanced upgraded versions.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 7:24 pm
TellyVisuals Plus gives you access to text messaging and social media depending on what you use for the receiver. Currently supported receivers are iWall, IMU, and PushBullet. Adding Twilio at the moment.

iWall, PushBullet, and Twilio can send images so that TV can pick them up. PushBullet and Twilio (in process) support is built into TV Plus. TV Plus contains over 800 colorful emoticons including the emoji emoticons.

If they add features to AskTheDJ to make it usable for this sort of thing and make it available to 3rd parties I will also support that.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 12:03 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I am using TV & TM with Pushbullet.

Just want to share that it have worked really good and with great support from the start, thank you Don !!!

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 4:41 pm
freppa wrote :
I am using TV & TM with Pushbullet.

Just want to share that it have worked really good and with great support from the start, thank you Don !!!

Kindly assist am still unable to push my SMS using PushBullet to TellyVissual, Its easy with twitter

Posted Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 6:38 pm
browser_gotofolder "askthedj://" & browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll 'top' & get_browsed_song 'message' & param_cast 'text' & deck master get_effect_string text  2 

for a manual button to show latest Ask The Message on screen...
(can easily be combined with a repeat and check if new messages etc)

Posted Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 7:32 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you even can combine texts by using
param_add `param_add 'get_browsed_song message'  'get_text " :"'  ` `param_add 'get_browsed_song from & param_cast text' 'get_text "From : "'` & param_cast text & deck master effect_string text 2

as well you can miss messages due to system load and VDJ parallel actions
so waiting for browser to end command is good too giving a final script :
browser_gotofolder 'askthedj://' & browser_window songs & repeat_start wt 100ms -1 & get_text `get_status` & param_contains 'Browsing' ? nothing : repeat_stop wt & param_add `param_add 'get_browsed_song message'  'get_text " : "'` `param_add 'get_browsed_song from & param_cast text' 'get_text "Message received from "'` & param_cast text & deck master effect_string text 2

result:
Message received from SENDER : MESSAGE_BODDY

Posted Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 8:21 pm