Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video output blurred - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djgunnie wrote :
I forgot to mention that this happens with any video, even milkdrop is blurred. Anything that shows in the middle screen is blurred but both deck screens are perfect. This happens with and without an external screen connected.

Any chance your video window is to small?
The preview window on the deck gets blurry if you've resized the video window and it is too small.
If you don't want to see the video window just right-click on it and choose 'minimize'.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:34 am
Can I link a Facebook page to this forum? I have pics and videos on it in the VDJ official Facebook page.
Its the same with any transition activated or not.
PachN. Its the video screen in the middle of two decks that this is happening on as well as the other screen that can you can minimise.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 10:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
PachN wrote :
AngusElFlaco wrote :

Was that option part of the latest update and what does it do apart from destroy graphics? lol

It is not a new option. It's been there for some time now but it wasn't available when v8 was released.

Actually in this case it is new to 8.2, since video acceleration wasn't previously available on OS X :)

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 2:20 pm
Now running the latest release and the same problem is still there now matter what settings I change. Very frustrating!!!

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 8:06 am
Been following this post since the beginning and i want to jump on it too.
My setup: VDJ 8.2 b3311
Windows 10 i7 16GB RAM 3GB Nvidia
Using Denon Mc6000 Mk2
Using Fruity V8 Skin
Video FPS 30
DVXA OFF
VideoForceScreen 0
Using 720p Mp4 From record pools
I have been noticing that even though my video output is on full screen on external laptop. The video is blurry a little bit in the middle and looks a little pixilated.
I will investigate to see what causes this and if it fixes, if i change my settings.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 1:59 pm
Press n play, besides the skin and win 10 pretty much exactly the same as me. I cant for the life of me figure this out. Tried different settings and skins and its still the same.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 2:26 am
Ok i think i may have gotten to the bottom of this.
The option letterBoxing. I have it at crop. When is at bars it looks normal but when i choose crop it makes a little blurry and pixelated. When the option is zoom it looks better than crop. I think its normal since the video basically zooms( crops the black bars)

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 2:38 am
**** the output on the monitor looks great on any option. Its just the middle video screen on the skins that looks a little pixelated. Maybe its normal?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 2:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What's the aspect ratio of your video output, and what's the aspect ratio of the video preview in the skin you're using? (The default skin is 16:9)

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:22 am
Adion wrote :
What's the aspect ratio of your video output, and what's the aspect ratio of the video preview in the skin you're using? (The default skin is 16:9)

It happens on any skin.
My computer apsect ratio is 1920x1080.
External 1024x768

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:25 am
That's your issue right there. Your computer has a 16:9 (wide screen) ratio but your external screen is only 4:3 (the old 'square' ratio).

Presumably you're playing mainly modern 16:9 videos, which should display fine on the default VDJ 8 skin (or any HD/widescreen skin) without doing anything to them, but would have to display with black bars top & bottom when fed to a 4:3 screen. You can't properly display a 16:9 video on a 4:3 screen without the bars.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 8:55 am
The problem specifically with the preview image in this case is that it gets stored at the resolution of the preview image without cropping. Then when the image is cropped again to fit the preview, you loose additional detail from the already relatively low resolution of the preview.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 9:43 am
Adion wrote :
The problem specifically with the preview image in this case is that it gets stored at the resolution of the preview image without cropping. Then when the image is cropped again to fit the preview, you loose additional detail from the already relatively low resolution of the preview.

Interesting... Its a weird setup. The external screens are connected through a powered rgb box (that makes it look like hd), from that box VGA to a HDMI converter and connected through the HDMI port. I'll play around with the aspect ratio next time (Thursday again) and return with feedabck.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 1:51 pm
Ive just tried all the different aspect ratios and its still pixelated just in different aspect obviously. Remember this doesn't happen with any external monitors connected. Only in the 'middle' screen on the laptop. Its not an issue when playing but it is frustrating looking at it!!!

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 8:43 am
OK!! Success. Changed my native and recommend screen res from 1920x1280 to 1920x1080 and its fixed the problem. Why would this happen only in 8.2 and not the earlier releases?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 8:58 am
No, forget that. Its reverted back to pixelated middle screen. Resolution is still at the changed to 1920x1080 not the original 1920x1200. What the hell is going on???!!!!

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 11:06 am
So, I've lowered the resolution even further (1680x1050) and now its fine. Just makes my desktop look a bit odd now. Doesn't matter, don't look at the desktop when VDJ is running anyway! Any clues as to why this has happened in 8.2?

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 10:18 am
Ok I'm back with some feedback!
The external monitor is set at 1024 x 768 and that's why because its the only aspect ratio i can use (due to going from HDMI to VGA to RGB/HD to RCA) soooooo i set it anyway at 1280x720 and no more blurr ot pixelated! It was perfect and crystal clear! So Adion was right! No issues here from this end!!! Tried the latest public build 3324

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:04 am
awangiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Still experiencing it on my side. The little video preview in VDJ 8.2 is showing much pixelated / blurry and the only way to get this fixed is to
1) right click on the preview window
2) select the DISPLAY option to show it fullscreen on the laptop
3) right click on the fullscreen video
4) select Minimize
5) that's it! the video preview window is now displayed properly

Note it happens only if I select letterBox crop or zoom in the Video options.
If I select Bars option, the video preview window shows an extremely little video encapsulated within the Sonique visualization I use in the AudioOnlyVizualization setting ?!?
So unless I use the workaround mentioned above there is no way I can get the video preview screen in VDJ 8.2 display a normal image.

I've also tried enabling VideoUseDXVA, no change.

Maybe I could fix it by playing with my screen resolution (I have a max of 1366 x 768 while I understand the skin is 1920 x 1080)....but honestly in the end shouldn't VirtualDJ simply handle properly the video preview to display the image properly automatically whatever my screen resolution is ?

Keep me posted ;)

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 6:14 pm
Where do you have the video window located when it is not full screen or minimized?
If this window is too small or not the right aspect ratio the preview window may be pixelated as it is just a representation of the actual video output

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 6:35 pm
87%