Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beat Matched Perfected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I like to sample my own beats throughout my tracks especially during breaks. Most songs keep in sync however a few change BPMs throughout the track and so make it impossible to keep the sample beats in sync. An example of this is Diana Ross- until we meet again(Hex Hector club mix). But with 8.2 the sample beats stayed in sync throughout the entire song flawlessly.....awesome!! I'm not sure if this is just a fluke as i haven't experimented with other variable BPM songs but as of now i am extremely happy with the upgrade....Thank You so much and keep up the excellent work.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 7:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There have indeed been improvements to the accuracy of the beat detection, but still the automatic detection only calculates a single bpm and phase for the entire song.
So if the song is indeed variable bpm, it would still have an incorrect phase and/or bpm at some parts of the track.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 5:34 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I will say that I am still seeing many tracks with constant BPM that I still have to fix the phase on. I re scanned my entire library with and earlier 8.2 release (before public release), and it does show allot of different behavior than before, but I am not sure it is more accurate than before. As always I will try to get some song examples.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:09 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
After a major update, it always is nice to rescan the library and create a fresh settings.xml (after backed up of course).

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)