Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] new features in Ask.the.DJ - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It says users spend 11% of their time using web pages. That's not the same as saying 11% of the people use web pages!

Compared to 4 years ago I'd say mobile websites actually got more usable so for some websites there's less need for an app.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 5:04 am
Adion wrote :
It says users spend 11% of their time using web pages. That's not the same as saying 11% of the people use web pages!

Compared to 4 years ago I'd say mobile websites actually got more usable so for some websites there's less need for an app.

I believe that mobile webpages can be just as good as an app. No need to test it on thousands of different phones, no need to wait for Microsoft, Google or Apple to accept your app etc. You can update when you want without waiting again for acceptation, no need for lots of different programmers for Windows app, Google app, Apple app etc..

Look how quick the found issues where solved with ask the dj. This would not be if it were an app. So an app can be great, but aren't most apps just fancy mobile webpages?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 8:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I also think it's more unlikely for people to download and install an app at a party just to send the dj a quick message, instead of just opening a web page.

And text messaging can already be set up if preferred.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 8:03 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes the data is very old. 4 years ago there were way less websites with a mobile friendly layout.
But these days, with more people using the internet with their mobile devices, more and more websites change to a responsive design.
(This website did so too). And since google is recommending a responsive design, you as a webmaster will do so, or it might happen that you will lose your ranking.

http://searchengineland.com/responsive-design-ranking-factor-228464

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 10:10 am
First off, I love this new feature! However, it seems that while you can create separate venues, only one will work at a time. I have two gigs coming up this weekend and gave out the URL on Facebook for each event hoping to get some playlist created ahead of time, but only 1 URL works at a time. Is there a future update where multiple urls are valid and have it collect requests in separate lists under Ask.The.Dj folder? Also, I notice that after a view the request, they disappear once I shut down and start back up.

Thanks again for truly making some amazing features that keeps me loving VirtualDj over the competition!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 4:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)