Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: wasabi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Still having issues with my sound quality and my denon mc600mk2 currently using asio i get the impression probably best to use wasabi, but were is best to download it from, and what are the audio settings on vdi set to once downloaded. thanks.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 9:22 am
Wasabi is a plant of the Brassicaceae family, WASAPI is the Windows Audio Session API.

It is built in to Windows and doesn't need to be downloaded.

In the click down box where it shows the ASIO drivers, try selecting the Windows ones instead.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 9:58 am
auto correct on my mac. sorry.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:43 am
No WASAPI on a Mac, it's Windows only. Mac equivalent would be core audio.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 12:46 pm
hi Gig machine is a pc, mac in the office only.
Further to this my denon mc600mk2 won't operate using wasapi what so ever, i have tried all configurations none of which work, as advised and none of them work.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 12:46 pm
libbiwood wrote :
hi Gig machine is a pc, mac in the office only.
Further to this my denon mc600mk2 won't operate using wasapi what so ever, i have tried all configurations none of which work, as advised and none of them work.

In the past I've had setup trouble and have had people recommend using WASAPI and not using WASAPI. There was never an instance where WASAPI actually worked 100%, so from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. Being that I have used an MC6000, I can attest that you don't need WASAPI, you need to be using the Denon DJ Asio Driver (ASIO).

Important - Do you have MAC selected on the back of the MC6000? If it's set to PC, it won't work.
And do you have the latest firmware for the MC6000? (Scroll down, click download) - http://denondj.com/products/view/dn-mc6000

Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 12:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)