Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ LOOSING TIMECODE SIGNAL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all.
I seem to have a slight issue. Its bearable when playing at home but when playing out, i cant have this issue.
i could be playing for a while the out of no where i get a error message saying loss of time code signal. the only way to recover is to shut down and re launch VJD

I am using a dedicated laptop optimized for dj'ing only. business model del. i5cpu 8GB ram & a SSD. running windows 7.
i have a DVS Native Instruments A6 sound card using Traktor scratch MK2 vinyl on 2x stanton str-8 turntables. Using standard needles. I also have serato vinyl that does the same thing.

when using straight up " real " vinyl i dont have any problems. only seems to be when i use a DVS. Any help would be appreciated..

keep spinnin!!!

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 12:11 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Have you tried swapping USB cables?
If you go to the timecode settings, is anything showing during testing?
Do you use the external power supply for the Audio 6

I'm leaning towards VDJ losing connection to the sound card.

I've been using the Audio 6 with my kit for years. The only time I've had a similar issue was because the USB cable was loose.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:13 am
have changed USB cables... no success.. no not using power with time code. should i ? yep external mixer Pioneer DJM3000

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 8:06 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If there is a lot of draw on your USB bus, like external drives, you may want to try an external power supply or a good powered hub.

I carry my timecode gear pre wired in a coffin case. I have had a weak signal issue when an rca cable came loose. I unplugged it and reconnected it, but did not have to restart VDJ.

How strong is the signal in the timecode calibration area in confiig?

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 4:44 pm
Please help I'm having the same problem and I have a gig tonight, using CDj 1000s with a djm 350 with the Maya 44+ USB interface on Mac OS X sierre, I am also using virtual Djs downloaded time code CDs . When calibirating I get good speed and signal but then five mins in I get an error messaging saying it's not calibrated, I then have close the application before I can get control again

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 2:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 4:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)