Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: (Failed to connect) Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Got the problem sorted folks , and I must say I'm overwhelmed with the speed and amount of support that's available here , many thanks to all who commented. The Mix-track worked fine on my laptop with VDJ 8 but on my PC could not connect to hardware , First I did a full recovery on the PC striping it back to a fresh install and then updated all windows and drivers but this didn't fix it . So after it working on the laptop (windows 10) and not working on a fresh install on the PC ( windows 7 SP1) The only conclusion I could come to was that the Mix-track is not compatible with windows 7 even though the Numark website says it is. So I installed windows 10 ( which now cost £99 ) and as soon as it was installed I tried VDJ8 on the PC and it works !! I'm soooo happy lol. By the way I didn't pay for the windows 10 , even though the free download ended months ago you can still get it free for people who have to use assistive technologies like screen magnifiers and hearing aids . So if you need it just google Windows 10 free upgrade for assistive technologies . Many thanks again , I'm away to play some loud music now .

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 11:34 pm
Update , because the platinum came with serato dj intro I decided to give it a try , downloaded the serato and install it and first go it didn't connect to hardware . I thought for sure it would work but ah well at least VDJ is working but when I turned VDJ on it couldn't connect to the Mixtrack ! Wtf So I unistalled serato and restarted the PC and the VDJ is working and connecting to the mixtrack now that I've unistall serato. Is there something I'm not seeing here ? Is serato the cause of my problem ? Two days of re-booting and re-installing and now I'm having to learn windows 10 and all along serato was the problem ? Any thoughts ?

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 12:21 am
the only way serato would have caused the issue is if they were both running at the same time

unless serato now has a background task i am not aware of?

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)