Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How Does One Stop Ads - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Welcome. Good choice.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 7:27 pm
Several options: 1) buy the license. 2) if you're using 8 or higher, you can downgrade back to V7. Personally, I like V7 better...less complicated and it does what I need it to do. 3) adblocking software. Of course this doesn't help Atomix, but...personally I don't mind seeing the ads. It helps Atomix pay for the free product.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 9:15 pm
That being true that the adds help Atomix pay for the free version, it not a good idea that the adds section section shows up, (taking up space like never before) even when you are not connected to the internet. Some of us battle with screen space and there is really no need for the add section to pop up only to show a blank page (page not found) when you are not connected to the internet.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 2:00 pm
But in that case disabling internet would hide the ad panel, and one of the reasons it is there is to show you are using an unlicenced version.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 2:07 pm
I have the solution and I dont recall seeing this, and believe Me it works like a charm ....simply turn off your wi-fi ....tada !!!1 no more adds

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 9:13 pm
kitrik23 wrote :
I have the solution and I dont recall seeing this, and believe Me it works like a charm ....simply turn off your wi-fi ....tada !!!1 no more adds

True, then they can't be downloaded
But I think you may still get the black box slide in where the ads were supposed to go
The correct solutions is of course to pay for the software by getting one of the license options for it :)

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 5:28 am
kitrik23 wrote :
simply turn off your wi-fi ....tada

I think Atomix should modify VDJ so that the ads also display offline.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 4:54 pm
groovindj wrote :
I think Atomix should modify VDJ so that the ads also display offline.

They could have some built in ad that suggest upgrading to get rid of the ads that display when not online. Even if online, this ad should display periodically.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 6:01 pm
That's an excellent idea!

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 6:28 pm
I wouldn't mind the ads, if they didn't actually interfere with the program.

But they do.

Some songs won't load because the ads are taking up too much memory.

Some songs won't play because the ads are taking up too much memory.

Tap temp no longer works because the ads cause the program to hourglass.

The Write Tag button works intermittently because of the ads.

Every time an ad loads, the cursor becomes an hourglass.

Other programs do not appear to be affected by this.

This crippling of the software by the ads changes VirtualDJ to VirtualUseless for me.

This is too bad as I just reached the point in the learning curve where the program was working for me...

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 4:20 pm
I think you have other issues with your machine to be honest.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 4:29 pm
The ads I'm getting tonight are quite interesting

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 7:16 pm
Ads are definitely broken.

It's a real shame as I'm a bit overweight and was looking to find a wonder diet supplement.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 10:56 am
"I think you have other issues with your machine to be honest."

Gosh, that was helpful!

a. The problems started when the ads started
b. No other applications on my system have been affected
c. Problem doesn't exist when I'm not connected to the Internet
d. Problems most pronounced when a new ad is loading
e. Problems go away when I close the app.
f. Once the app is closed and reopened, the problems resume after one or two songs are played.
g. Sometimes, and error message appears in VDJ indicating that 15-30 megs of RAM is required to decompress the song and indicates that ten times the required amount is available

and for the bonus round, now the ads include sound!

I'm not opposed to monitizing a "free" or "demo" app, but when the app itself becomes unusable as a result of the ads, then the end result is that potential paying customers will be driven to the competition.

I think the developers are shooting themselves in the foot for the short term gain of ad revenue.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 3:06 pm
to give us an idea of system performance (and to see if there might be another issue here) what are the full system specs of the computer you are using?
what other processes or programs are running in the background?
how old is the computer?
which exact build number of vdj 8.2?
even how fast your local internet speeds are might be a factor.

and as far as them "shooting themselves in the foot" goes... why? if they can help make it more difficult for people to not violate the EULA or give stronger incentive to actually pay for the software then I say more power to them.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 7:13 pm
I understand that ads get removed with an active License. I am a monthly subscription user and when the subscription hasnt been paid on time the ads pop up and continue too.
So why is that subscription users still get ads that slow the system down, Thats not good because if wee forget to pay the fee and have a gig, those ads slow the system down and can almost crash the app. Is there something you can do about this?!
Also is there a why to credit for the subscription towards the full license...???

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 10:54 pm
djanthonygreen wrote :
I understand that ads get removed with an active License. I am a monthly subscription user and when the subscription hasnt been paid on time the ads pop up and continue too.
So why is that subscription users still get ads that slow the system down, Thats not good because if wee forget to pay the fee and have a gig, those ads slow the system down and can almost crash the app. Is there something you can do about this?!

I think you pretty much answer this yourself, don't you?
If you have a subscription, but you don't renew it (forget to pay or any other reason), then you don't have a subscription anymore, and then you return to being a free home user, which gets ads.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 4:47 am
I'm sorry, is this rocket science? Something like not paying your electric bill, and wondering why it's dark. As for just getting to like the software, and the ads are making you think about going to a competitor, let me just say..........................nothing.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 8:30 am
Hi Raahi this side i just want to know that if i buy virtualdj 8 pro license from canada because my sister is from canada then can i use it in india or should i buy it from my country only??? Because in canada it cost me around 400$ CND and in India it cost me 26000 INR
Tell me asap.
Thanx

Posted Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 1:42 pm
You can buy it anywhere that is supported by the payment system. The license will work worldwide.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 1:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)