Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i cant find how to download this in the options section of vdj 8.1 - nothing appears when i type easyaccessupdates into the search box ... am i missing something ?

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 7:36 pm
earlyAccessUpdates

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 7:58 pm
Oh boy! This is amazing. WOW! I'm loving it more than ever. Thank you VirtualDJ!

Guys set the FPS to "60" and you will see the difference, way smoother! We have now a better visual experience.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 11:36 pm
Hi I love the new update and was wondering if Virtual Dj is working on adding all there music to the MyLibrary folder?? That would be a great addition having every song broken up into groups, The folders are there for it, is that a possible for the future??

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 11:59 pm
The new VDJ 8.2 is Awesome, thanks team for continuing to separate from the pack as the BEST DJ software on the planet.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 12:07 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Running the Mac version on two MBP's and I saw in the earlier posts that if I want to go to 8.2 I can manually download. Just wondering if after a few months of 8.2 settling in with a few minor tweaks-- will the Mac version come up with an update option?
From what I can gather reading the previous posts, this is a sneak peek evolution at this time-- with the user manual to catch up soon.
I'm thinking my best bet is to stay on the 8.1 for a while.
I have never had an update mess me up on a gig so far and I'm very satisfied with my VDJ experience, so don't read this as a negative attitude.
Just being careful. :)
Mac users who have gone up to the 8.2 -- Care to share your observations so far?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 7:25 am
1) Due to security changes made on MAC OS X, MAC users will have to download and install VirtualDj 8.2 manually. After that manual installation, VirtualDj 8.2 will keep auto-updating as per usual.

2) VirtualDj 8.2 is in "Early Access" state at the moment. It's available only to users that want to download and try all the new stuff 8.2 brings. However, no it won't stay in "Early Access" state for months. We can't give an ETA for the "official" release but you should expect it soon.

3) The manual will be ready for the "official" release. So, once you see that there's an official release you will know that you can also read the updated manual.

4) Nobody considers your attitude as a "negative" one. That's why 8.2 is in "Early Access" state at the moment. So that users who feel comfortable with it can try it. If you don't feel comfortable to try 8.2 now, it is your right to hold on and wait. We do understand you! :)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 8:45 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) Due to security changes made on MAC OS X, MAC users will have to download and install VirtualDj 8.2 manually. After that manual installation, VirtualDj 8.2 will keep auto-updating as per usual.

updated worked automaticly on 10.11.6 (build 15G12a), I didn't use a link. I thought that it frooze, but when I restarted VDJ, everything worked well an I had version 8.2.
Very nice version!

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 9:14 am
Tag Editor can't tick the karaoke tick box for new mp4 karaoke files

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:16 pm
markstibbards wrote :
Tag Editor can't tick the karaoke tick box for new mp4 karaoke files

This has been fixed in b3236 - please update and check again.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:47 pm
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
KJ Erkin wrote :
I've just had a play with the Twitter part - I had to ensure that my Twitter name was tagged in the tweet using the @ to show up - tried it first with a # but no show. Am guessing that the username you chose has been taken already by someone else - I've just used the same as is on my Twitter already.

Hope that makes sense.

what did you do to make it work? i am testing this on my twitter account,

message #myhashtag no?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 9:50 pm
Can anyone help? When start VDJ8.2 Fullscreen flashes. i dont know why? Thank you!

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 4:54 pm
OldTom wrote :
Running the Mac version on two MBP's and I saw in the earlier posts that if I want to go to 8.2 I can manually download. Just wondering if after a few months of 8.2 settling in with a few minor tweaks-- will the Mac version come up with an update option?
From what I can gather reading the previous posts, this is a sneak peek evolution at this time-- with the user manual to catch up soon.
I'm thinking my best bet is to stay on the 8.1 for a while.
I have never had an update mess me up on a gig so far and I'm very satisfied with my VDJ experience, so don't read this as a negative attitude.
Just being careful. :)
Mac users who have gone up to the 8.2 -- Care to share your observations so far?

I have updated, worked great until I quit and restarted, now I cannot get the program to run. still trying to work on it...

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 1:55 am

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 6:02 am

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 8:53 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Partyman wrote :
The karaoke portion has been done by DJs not KJs. Any KJ running a large show knows how important it is to keep up with the list of singers. The way it works now does not allow you any way to keep up with the singer rotation, it only allows you to put a name with the song. A much more ideal way would be to enter singers name in karaoke list and drag songs to singer allowing you to keep singer order or drag to order you want. Use colors to show: whether singer has songs in cue, is new singer, ...
In a perfect world you would be able to pull up a dropbox off each singer showing history and such. It would also allow you to setup key changes that happen when singer is engaged.
Rusty

I Do Hope this basic karaoke singer list is soon available ,luv

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 9:07 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
VJ Python wrote :
Can anyone help? When start VDJ8.2 Fullscreen flashes. i dont know why? Thank you!

Same thing here - fixed it in the config by changing "forcefullscreen" option to 0.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 3:20 pm
Can someone please advise on how to revert to 8.1 on Mac, I have downloaded the latest 8.1 version and installed after having a look at 8.2 - but the 8.2 version still loads when I start the application.... Can someone please advise, I'd like to avoid losing my virtual folders etc if poss...thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 8:19 pm
alhuddart wrote :
Can someone please advise on how to revert to 8.1 on Mac, I have downloaded the latest 8.1 version and installed after having a look at 8.2 - but the 8.2 version still loads when I start the application.... Can someone please advise, I'd like to avoid losing my virtual folders etc if poss...thanks in advance.

What exactly is wrong?? I've been using 8.2 on the Mac since it release and have to experience anything bad and I'm 95% video gigs.

I have multiple midi controllers (cdjs, DDJ sp1, mixer) hooked up as well as 2 USB cameras for live feeds and I'm online.

This is one of the best releases I've used in a while and everybody here knows I don't say that often, lmmfao!!

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 10:09 pm
I dont know if this is the same but I used 8.2 a couple of days ago in both Mac and Windows. Yesterday I went to use it and in the Mac the program wouldn't load I had to force stop it and then when I tried to open it again, it will only start loading up and the logo showed in the bottom tray but nothing more than that. waited a while and nothing so again I had to force stop it. Did that a couple of times and it never loaded up had to uninstall it and went back to install to 8.1 and it worked perfect. Will try reinstalling 8.2 and see what happens. In Windows no problem, I even had used it in a couple of gigs flawlessly.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 7:11 pm
62%