Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Audio Card Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using VDJ 8.1 on a Win7 Pro machine. I have the External Mixer license. I'm using TWO soundcards: (1) The on-board Real-Tek card, and (2) a classic SB Audigy card. Both sound card are functioning perfectly outside of VDJ. In my audio setup I've clicked on EXTERNAL MIXER and I set them to this...

I save the configuration, hit APPLY and the DECK 2 card (ch 3&4) never gives up any audio. VDJ is playing, I've got audio on meters on VDJ, but no card audio. If I flip the cards around in the config, and let the SB Audigy run deck 1 (ch 1&2), it plays fine... but then the RealTek card won't play for Deck 2 (ch 3&4).
I just KNOW I'm missing something simple, but I can't put my finger on it. Suggestions?

THANKS!

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 6:24 pm
Wda1dotCOM wrote :
Both sound card are functioning perfectly outside of VDJ.

Simultaneously?

Really, the best way to solve this and not have any problems is to buy an audio interface designed for DJ use, with a low latency ASIO driver, which has enough channels to output left and right audio for both decks - so four mono or two stereo.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 7:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Simultaneously?

Yes.

But this still doesn't answer my question. Both cards work fine. VDJ is also designed to allow someone to use multiple sound cards. And while I appreciate your suggestion of going out and purchasing something else, that doesn't answer my question, nor is it an option. If VDJ is designed to allow me do to this, and it's not working, then what is not set properly?

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 7:35 pm
Wda1dotCOM wrote :
this still doesn't answer my question.

You asked for suggestions. Mine was to use the right tool for the job.

You have two different consumer grade audio interfaces, from different manufacturers. It's asking for trouble!

When you have both interfaces working (at the same time) outside of VDJ, what software are you using?

I suspect you're feeding each interface from a different software source, yes? Then it's not the same scenario.

Traktor for example just plain doesn't allow the use of two separate interfaces (even pro ones) - avoiding any potential pitfalls.

One thing to consider - are you using either interface as the default in Windows? If so, that's something to avoid.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 9:01 pm
groovindj wrote :

When you have both interfaces working (at the same time) outside of VDJ, what software are you using?

I suspect you're feeding each interface from a different software source, yes? Then it's not the same scenario.

Adobe Audition Multi-track. All one software source. I've had up to FOUR different audio devices from different manufacturers working together w/ no issue. So I don't feel this is my issue here. VDJ is design and has the feature to use multiple soundcards. Nowhere in the VDJ manual does it suggest that different sound cards could cause any issues.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 1:36 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You said the audigy works fine in programs outside vdj, but playing stereo files outside of vdj would usually play them on channels 1&2.
Are you sure you have your decks connected to ch3&4 of the audigy (most likely the output labelled as 'rear speakers') ?
If not you should probably select ch1&2 of the audigy card as well.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:33 am
Adion wrote :
Are you sure you have your decks connected to ch3&4 of the audigy (most likely the output labelled as 'rear speakers') ?
If not you should probably select ch1&2 of the audigy card as well.

Yup....

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 9:15 pm
....and did you try switching to 1&2 and using those outputs instead (so both cards use channels1&2)?

You said yourself that 3&4 didn't work, whichever way you tried it - so try using 1&2. If you have two cards, there's no need to use 3&4 on either card.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 10:26 pm
groovindj wrote :
....and did you try switching to 1&2 and using those outputs instead (so both cards use channels1&2)?

You said yourself that 3&4 didn't work, whichever way you tried it - so try using 1&2. If you have two cards, there's no need to use 3&4 on either card.

I think I've found a solution

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 12:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)