Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Denon SC3900 lag - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NosvenLE userMember since 2015
Yes.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 3:55 am
back up DJ laptop = Dell XPS 17 Gaming Laptop windows 7 Pro 64bit / intel core i7 / 16gb of ram / 128gb ssd for the os / 2TB hd for my music

Mian DJ laptop = Dell inspiron 17R special edition / windwos 7 pro 64bit / 24gb of ram / core i7 / 120gb ssd for the os / 2TB for my music

i DJ with two Denons SC3900's / American Audio 14MXR / im (NOT) using the sound cards from my denons in VDJ im using the 14MXR built in sound card

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 5:14 am
Thanks for taking the time out to share your system specs. The more users who are not experiencing the mentioned problem and can post their specs. the better.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 3:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can't see a list of system specifications helping I'm afraid. It's going to be something far more specific; I've used them on a wide range of machines without issue.

As mentioned earlier, are you using the soundcards in your players? If so, don't.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 3:15 pm

SBDJ wrote :
I can't see a list of system specifications helping I'm afraid. It's going to be something far more specific; I've used them on a wide range of machines without issue.

As mentioned earlier, are you using the soundcards in your players? If so, don't.

Thanks for responding SBDJ. I've been testing with the Traktor Kontrol Z2 soundcard and mainly Denon DNS 3700. Even when I used the Denon 3900's it was with the Z2 soundcard and same problem occurred. I've also tried different laptops with no success, which is why I'm trying to find out your system specifications.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 2:34 am
Like I say though it won't be 'specification' related so getting a list of system specifications won't really help you at all.

I've had them working on machines with CPUs including Core2Duo, Core2Extreme, i5 and i7. All machines usually have an nVidia or Intel graphics card, although the Core2Duo had an old AMD Radeon. OS's include Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well as a variety of Macbooks!

It's almost entirely likely to be settings related.

Nosven wrote :
1) Not all the time, but sometimes when in straight midi vinyl mode and deck is stopped if you try to turn the platter (to manually go to a certain point in the song) the software dome and waveform don't react right away.

As I asked the OP, what is your motorWheelLockTime set to? This setting specifies how long VirtualDJ will ignore input from the jogwheel after a start or stop action. This would directly relate to the problem reported by the OP and your issue. The default is 1 second, so for a whole second after starting or stopping the track the software will ignore any platter movements.

Nosven wrote :
2) Sometimes when in straight midi vinyl mode and you hit play the song will play slower than it should and will continue that way. But if you disable vinyl mode while this is happening the song will sometimes go to its normal speed.

Check your motorWheelInstantPlay setting and your rampStartTime setting. Also check any hardware controls or additionally mapped controls for the ramp speed.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 17 @ 12:09 am
All of your suggestions I've tried prior to making my first post in this thread. Since your last post I've been testing with windows 7,8 and 10. So far windows 7 on my Dell Optiplex 790 desktop (quad core) seems to do the trick. I have tried VDJ 8.2 on two other windows laptops (dual core 2.4 ghz 8 gigs of rams) windows 8.1 and 10. All three machines have been tweeked for music production and still on the laptops with windows 8 and 10 the results are the same as in my first post in this thread. Could it be the quad core in the desktop? or strictly because it's windows 7?

Don't know if it's vdj or windows. The fact that vdj recommends windows 7 leads me to think vdj isn't 100% compatible with other versions of windows when it comes to motorized platter. Just to make my self clear, when using windows7, 8 and 10 with non-motorized controllers the compatibility is good.

It's disappointing to see vdj don't work as it should with windows os above version 7 with motorized platter. I also wanted to throw in the fact that on windows 7 with NI Traktor Z2 both channel fader LED lights do not work as well as the cue button LED for head phone.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 3:42 am
Nosven wrote :
Could it be the quad core in the desktop? or strictly because it's windows 7?

No and no.

Nosven wrote :
The fact that vdj recommends windows 7 leads me to think vdj isn't 100% compatible with other versions of windows when it comes to motorized platter

I've tested motorised platters on 8.1 and 10 without issue, so it's not that. We also don't 'recommend' Windows 7 - in fact the download page actually recommends Windows 10. I'm sorry, but the issue you are having is something else.

As per my earlier posts on this subject the only recommendation I can make is that you absolutely do not use the soundcards in these units. The responsiveness of the platter should be fine once it's up to speed and that's the purpose of the lock setting I mentioned earlier on - VDJ will ignore the input from the motorwheel for that period of time.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 12:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)