Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Video Promblems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Latest beta version for 8.1x as of 4/15/16, Win7 machine, 8G shared RAM (1024M for video) ATI Radeon HD 4250. Latest video driver as of 4/15/16 but last one put out is from 2013. Haven't updated BIOS.

Problem is if I run a mp4 file out to 2nd display, the video isn't smooth, shows an occasional horizontal jumping line, If I play that same mp4 file in Windows Media Player on the same output screen, it plays fine, and if I run the slide show plugin, it'll get extreme pixelation and sometimes drop out all together. I've also gone into VDJ video settings and tried 24 & 29 FPS settings, and set max video memory to 1024M, which is what is set in BIOS. One other interesting thing is, it isn't always consistent. Sometimes it's ok, and other times it gets so bad that it drops out as I mentioned.

With system specs asking for a 256M or greater dedicated video card, am I suffering because it's onboard shared graphics instead of dedicated video memory? What else could I look at?

Posted Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 4:48 pm
OK, guess I figured it out. My system can't handle 1920x1080 to the extended desktop. f/s dropped to 18 at that resolution. Change to 1280x720 and f/s are 38.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 7:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)