Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: A.Cue Scratch modifcation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i want to know if there is a way to modify the script for a.cue scratch (http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/A.Cue%20Scratch.html). instead of the song jumping back and playing from the same cue it was last stopped,can it jump to another cue point? i want to be able to scratch, but not all points of the song sounds good when scratching,so when i find a good part that sounds good,i save it as say cue 9,but this cue is not my cue i want to use to mix in the song,i have a different cue,say cue 2.so im askin if acue scratch can be used so as when i touch the jog,it goes to cue 9 to beginnin scratching and when i release it jumps to cue 2 and starts playing.,,at the moment i have to go to cue 9,scratch and when i release i have to quickly press hotcue 2..which is tough

Posted Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 10:31 pm
touchwheel_touch & var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue 9 ? goto_cue 9 & play : nothing : hot_cue 2 ? goto_cue 2 & play : nothing

Posted Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 5:36 pm
tanks man..i'll try it

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 12:15 am
woow!!! this is just briliiant...i know this feature is hardly used,but once you have touch sensitive platters i strongly recommend u guys check this out....remember to first create a custom button to toggle acue on or off and then insert the above script into your jog touch mapper...tanks again Phantom!!!!

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 1:39 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dj Pari M wrote :
recommend u guys check this out....remember to first create a custom button to toggle acue on or off and then insert the above script into your jog touch mapper...

What is the script you use for the "custom button to toggle acue on or off"?

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 12:45 pm
the script is toggle 'acue' ,it s in the vdjpedia here http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/A.Cue%20Scratch.html
also u can map it to a button your controller,i have mapped it to keylock(which has a led light so i know when its off and on),as i always have keylock on all the time,i have ensured i insert keylock_on on both decks in the oninit shortcut

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 3:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
an interesting idea, well thought of.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 7:55 pm
i cant get the cue scratch thing to work. i have mapped a toggle button, but its the same as before i re-mapped it.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 7:16 pm
This feature will jump to the current cue point when the jogwheel is touched, allowing you to scratch from that point. Once the jogwheel is released, it will jump back to the cue point again and continue playing the song from that point.

If no cue point is currently set, then this can also be used to set the cue point by scratching. The cue point will be set when you release the jogwheel.

NOTE: This will only work on controllers that have touch-sensitive jogwheels.

Map a button to toggle this feature on/off:

toggle 'acue'

Then add the following to the jogwheel's touch sensor mapping (Usually named JOG_TOUCH):

& var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

E.g:
touchwheel_touch & var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

i have done this... but it dosent make it go back to my cue point after i let the jog wheel go.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 7:22 pm
im playing on a ddj-sz.... and this thing will not work. i have followed the guides. and the cue scrath ability isnt working... when i release the jogweel it does not go back to cue point. its just like normal scratching.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 2:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
JOG_TOUCH assigned as ..
touchwheel_touch & var 'acue' ? down ? goto_cue & play : goto_cue & play
works pretty fine here

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 3:16 pm
hope u got it sorted out

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 10:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)