Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Intermittent bursts of static and occasional BSOD issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, all. Getting really frustrated at some issues and I'm hoping someone can help me bring them to an end. I'm getting intermittent static
bursts and an intermittent BSOD error. Even with a previous DJ laptop, I occasionally got the BSOD (unfortunately I didn't note which error it is) which shuts down VDJ and laptop reboots. MC6000mk2 is plugged into a 2.0 powered hub. All 3 USB ports on the laptop are 3.0. The hub is plugged into one of the 3.0 ports.

In device manager, for the Generic USB hub properties, I unselected the option to turn off the USB hub to save power.

I have searched the forums and Facebook group applying every fix I've read to try and stop both. I tried using the WASAPI option instead of
the Denon DJ ASIO for DJ Controller last night. With that option, I had audio dropouts so I went back to the ASIO option, which is when the
intermittent static burts started again. Luckily, last night, no BSOD.

I've now selected VDJ 8.1 to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and the Denon ASIO in Windows 7 compatibility mode to see if that will
help. I also selected High Performance in the laptop power plan

I really don't want to go back to Virtual DJ 7.4.6 since I really like the look and feel of Virtual DJ 8.1.

I'm using Virtual DJ 8.1 (build 2761)
Denon MC6000mk2 (purchased last summer)
Denon DJ for ASIO DJ Controller (Version 1.0.1) [Disc that came with the controller]
THe specs on my Dell DJ laptop are:
Processor: i5-6200U @2.30 - 2.40GHZ
Installed memory: 8GB
(Laptop came installed with Windows 10)

Can anyone suggest something I may have missed? Help!

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 6:40 pm
I don't use the MK2 and do not use Win 10, so can't speak on that. This is my advice. Plug the controller into the laptop, and use the hub for the other stuff. Maybe it can be done, but there is no way I would use a hub for my controller. I have the Original MC6000, and loved it so much, I just bought another used one. I and many others here have not been able to use the ASIO drivers. They will work for awhile and then the static and pops come in, so go back to WASPI. Make sure you have the latest firmware from Denon. There are many guys here that use Win 10, and have for awhile without issues. Make sure you do an extensive couple of days worth of practice before you go out again. Good luck

Posted Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 7:14 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 10:07 am
Just updated the firmware on the MC6000mk2 to version 1003. Running some music in the office late night tonight to see how it goes.

Posted Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 10:22 am
Spent a couple of hours last night and today trying to recreate the static burst issue. Once I got home last night, I did have it happen in the office. It was late so I think it happened before I updated the firmware on the MC6000mk2 to v1003. Tests this afternoon, no static. Checked all the cables plugged in throughout my rack to make sure no loose connection. I also reinstalled Virtual DJ 8.1 and the Denion Asio drivers too.

I did, at once point, get the BSOD in the office test before I reinstalled everything. Turns out the error said: "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal ddjctraud.sys."

Not sure if my issues are Denon related or something else (doesn't seem to be Virtual DJ) but trying to nail the problem down and correct in case this happens to someone else.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 2:51 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 3:07 am
64-bit.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 3:17 am
The Denon ASIO for DJ Controllers, version 1.01, has a 64 bit installer.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 4:12 am
eriedj wrote :
Spent a couple of hours last night and today trying to recreate the static burst issue. Once I got home last night, I did have it happen in the office. It was late so I think it happened before I updated the firmware on the MC6000mk2 to v1003. Tests this afternoon, no static. Checked all the cables plugged in throughout my rack to make sure no loose connection. I also reinstalled Virtual DJ 8.1 and the Denion Asio drivers too.

I did, at once point, get the BSOD in the office test before I reinstalled everything. Turns out the error said: "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal ddjctraud.sys."

Not sure if my issues are Denon related or something else (doesn't seem to be Virtual DJ) but trying to nail the problem down and correct in case this happens to someone else.

go to the control panel, system, device manager and right click on every device and do and update....i bought last week a new pc with windows 10 and up until today ive been updating drivers. Dont use wasapi...use dj controller for asio and unclick the input option. Also try changing usb cable and put latency on 1 ms

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 4:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're currently using ASIO, then try WASAPI, and vice-versa.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/199292/VirtualDJ_8_0_Technical_Support/Blue_Screen_(BSOD)___Denon_MC6000MK2_Build_2171_ASIO_Windows_7_x64.html

dcomo wrote :
In speaking to an InMusic rep this weekend, the ASIO drivers are not yet compatible with Windows 10. The latest drivers on the Denon on the website were last updated 11/2013.

From what I understand, the drivers will be updated around the time of the Denon MC4000 controller's release, which is early September.

The version on the website for the MK2 hasn't been updated yet...

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 11:01 am
Well, after another day of tests, I'm convinced the static pops (and the BSOD) were caused from the MC6000mk2. Pretty much gutted my rack, replacing cords etc, changed the USB to the controller and BOOM, another LOUD pop of static, then one after another.

The laptop came with Windows 10, so going backwards in OS was not an option.

In the interim, I'll use an old Numark mixer I had in storage and an old Gigaport card. I had to take the MC6000mk2 out of my rack because the LOUD popping and occasional BSOD were affecting the crowds where I work in the off season. Would you want to dine and maybe dance in a restaurant where the DJ's system had loud pops all night. Probably not.

Had a Facebook conversation with Ben from NLFX, where I bought the mixer, and he's going to get me an RMA #. He thinks Denon drivers may be the issue, possibly. Why doesn't Denon get their act together and update software/firmware for Windows 10?

Very frustrating.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 6:47 am
Update:

Received a refurbished MC6000MK2 controller yesterday from Denon. Upon plugging it in, guess what, static. So, I contacted Denon support and they weren't really helpful. In fact, they logged into my laptop and installed the wrong ASIO driver.

So, like all Virtual DJ users who have reached out to Press N Play (George). I did too. He published on the Facebook official group an AMAZING list of tweaks to do to your laptop to make Virtual DJ and Windows 10 work beautifully together. After applying a couple more tweaks, George suggested I dump Avast and any programs I didn't need.

Following his tweaks, I installed the Denon DJ for ASIO Controller (v 1.01). I also updated the firmware in the controller. Then, I clicked on the exe for the Denon ASIO driver and made it Windows 7 compatibility. Reinstalled Virtual DJ. Virtual DJ recognizes the controller but the default sound setup looks like this:

MASTER - Denon DJ for ASIO Controller - MC6000MK2 Out 01 & 02
HEADPHONES - Denon DJ for ASIO Controller - MC6000MK2 Out 03 & 04
LINE IN 1 - Denon DJ for ASIO Controller - MC6000MK2 In 01 & 02
LINE IN 2 - Denon DJ for ASIO Controller - MC6000MK2 In 03 & 04

George immediately removed both Line Ins so just MASTER & HEADPHONES was in the sound config. Since then, no static. no BSOD (which I also got yesterday with the LINE INS as part of the config. <Crossing fingers and knocking on wood> - No problems!

Running the Denon ASIO driver in Windows 7 compatibility and installing first is crucial. His list of tweaks on Facebook is life saving.

Wanted to post this in case anyone else has issues. Thank you PRESS N PLAY!!!

Posted Wed 13 Jan 16 @ 8:44 pm
24 hours later, still running smooth as silk and no issues. Problem is [SOLVED]

Posted Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 12:18 am
It just baffling to me how many problems windows 10 causes for people

Posted Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 8:46 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Really cannot say it's a 10 thing. After updating to latest 10, I attached my MC6000MK2 w/ ASIO drivers and it was flawless. But then, I was only using the headphones.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 11:50 pm
I think it's the default sound configuration in virtual dj 8.1 when you plug in the mc6000mk2. By default, it includes line 1 input and line 2 input along with master and headphones.

You'd think by default it would include no inputs. Once I deleted those, the static and BSOD went away.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:42 am
Had the same issue did what someone said here tonight and seems to have worked by removing line 1 and 2 so thank you as i brought a replacement denon mc6000mk2 and had nothing but problems at gigs

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 9:17 pm
It must be a Denon issue. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware downloaded for the controller. v1003.

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 6:44 pm
I'm having a similar issue with my brand new MC6000mk2 running VDJ 8. I'm using a macbook pro as my computer. I've played two gigs with the new controller and both times the controller just stopped working and every time I try hitting play or touch one of the jog wheels, I get an incredible pop thru my system no other audio - although I noticed the song was still playing in VDJ. The only way I can fix it is to reboot everything... I also notice a fluttering sound while playing songs. I'm surprised I haven't blown my speakers. Has anyone else had this problem. My config is MC600mk2 - Mac Book Pro running OS 10 - USB 3.0 hub (powered) - VDJ8 (4 player mode). It happened again today after I played two songs for the wedding party - then when I went to play the processional, nothing but pops! Thank God they were friends of mine. I never had this issue with my MC6000. I'm returning this controller with the hope a new one won't have the same issue.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 11:38 pm
RgenerationDJs wrote :
I'm having a similar issue with my brand new MC6000mk2 running VDJ 8. I'm using a macbook pro as my computer. I've played two gigs with the new controller and both times the controller just stopped working and every time I try hitting play or touch one of the jog wheels, I get an incredible pop thru my system no other audio - although I noticed the song was still playing in VDJ. The only way I can fix it is to reboot everything... I also notice a fluttering sound while playing songs. I'm surprised I haven't blown my speakers. Has anyone else had this problem. My config is MC600mk2 - Mac Book Pro running OS 10 - USB 3.0 hub (powered) - VDJ8 (4 player mode). It happened again today after I played two songs for the wedding party - then when I went to play the processional, nothing but pops! Thank God they were friends of mine. I never had this issue with my MC6000. I'm returning this controller with the hope a new one won't have the same issue.

update December 5th 2016. I returned the MC6000MK2 and purchased a MC4000 and then encountered the same problem using VDJ8! I couldn't find mappings for VDJ7 that worked correctly. So it's not the controller. I've been using Serato since with no issues. I have to admit I'm more of a VDJ fan, but the problem was caused by the software.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 8:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)