Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Automatic update constantly fails

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On my experimental computer with an AMD 8320 CPU I always get this error message after clicking yes to apply automatic update of vdj.

I need to restart computer and update will succeed.
This has never happened on my main PC with Intel processors.

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 6:36 am
This happens to me quite often as well, here is what I do. Open task manager and look for any 'VirtualDj' processes. There's usually two of them. Right click on each one and click 'end process'. Restart VDJ 8 and you will be prompted to update. Click yes and it should now install successfully.

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 7:02 am
It does still happen with Intel CPUs - I know!

This has been an issue since the day VDJ 8 was released. In January 2015 I posted that I found 29 of the little blighters running!

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 10:30 am
I have noticed recently that every now and then, VDJ would not come up. I would see it in task manager though. Yesterday, I tried to determine when it would happen by just opening it and shutting it down repeatedly. I could see it shut down but occasionally it does not start up completely so you have an orphan instance running. Sometimes taking like 14-15 tries... I can cause it to happen every time but the number of times it takes me varies. Nothing earthshaking selected in the slots and that does not seem to matter. Hopping it will happen for me in the debugger where I can get some more info. I think they prevent more than one instance running so nothing will happen when this occurs and install fails for reason given by toppadon and groovindj. I just noticed it doing normal work. Not a big deal for me but may be for others as it sure is alarming when you don't know what is going on.

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 1:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)