Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: wireless camera (droidcam) crashes vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to connect a wireless camera to VDJ but im having problems

I want to project a image through VDJ/Projector onto a large screen. I have downloaded Droidcam (Free version & Paid version). Droidcam itself appears to work ok using its own video interface. however when i select the VDJ camera, open properties and turn the dial to select droidcam then VDJ freezes and crashes.

This requires a reboot of VDJ. Am i doing something wrong or is there a setting Ive not changed or another app i should be using.

Many thanks for and help you can offer

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 3:22 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well it is not crashing as per definition. It is rather freezing and the "VDJ does not respond" message appears.
I get this freeze if I try to switch back from droidcam to the laptops webcam (droidcam doesn't deliver a video in VDJ).

I think that is because the droidcam client already uses the cam and VDJ can't access it.

EDIT: Possible that it is the droidcam driver. Man they are poor... I just tried to uninstall the clientsoftware and driver through their own uninstall programm and got my first ever BSOD with Win 8.1. The message was "driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations".

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 4:36 pm
In another thread: By the way when I was messing with camera dial to select a camera, VDJ rebooted 3 times. I have a Logitech C210, vMix Video, and vMix Video External 2 installed as cameras and just changing the camera dial around a few times causes the reboot of VDJ. I guess you got the report on it?

Try it in TellyMedia. Also working on IP connection to phone camera.

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 5:35 pm
I have managed a work around. All I did was set my laptop up for 'extended screen' and once i loaded droidcam then drag it into the 2nd screen which is my projector. Not a pretty solution but should work. Hopefully the kids won't notice....

This gives me time for a smoother and neater solution

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 9:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I just tried DroidCam client 6.0, and I can select it fine in virtual dj. No lockup or crash.

@Don: Yes, crash report received, although it's not quite clear yet what may have gone wrong.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 12:08 pm
Adion, I can do it every time easy so if you need me to test it let me know.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 12:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)