Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Automix just stops...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On Friday and Saturday, I was using the automix feature to play cocktail music. Every so often, at the end of a track, the automix would stop and not load another track. (One player)

I had 300+ tracks in the cue and I had the selection to removed played tracks active. I also had the shuffle function on.

Why would automix just stop and not load the next track?

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 8:26 pm
I was just about to report this. Happened twice today at home.

Automix just stopped despite there being unplayed tracks in the list (it was also on shuffle).

In the player display, there was no second waveform for the next track and the track that just ended was still in the player with remaining time stuck flashing at 0:00

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 8:29 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
This was the exact problem I had about 6 weeks ago. For me it was that I was using SpoutReceiver plugin as AudioOnlyVisualization. Do either of you have anything configured for that?

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 9:38 pm
No plugins for me.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 10:34 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Happened to me too but on vdj8 and In the player display, there was no second waveform for the next track, had to restart vdj to get it to work First time having that issue. No Plugins used Only setting used was remove already played (same night as my other odd issue funny enough) Happened twice on same night couldn't restart automix, just kept showing one track until i rebooted vdj

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 11:28 pm
paulpa66 wrote :
.....(same night as my other odd issue funny enough) Happened twice on same night couldn't restart automix, just kept showing one track until i rebooted vdj

So this is what I mean. If something else happens and somhow freaks VDJ out, no wave form or load in Automix seems to be the result. These may all be external issues to VDJ and I would like to prove it one way or the other. In my case it was an old version of Spout Receiver (so external to VDJ, because it was a plugin). I forgot that I was playing with that plugin and left it set as AOV. So it was running when I did not start it. Because I did not start it, I was not even considering that. Remembering the things you forgot, well that is the fun part.

For me when VDJ was deemed "Not Responding" by Windows, Automix would stop in this manner at some random point. Eventually Windows wants to force close VDJ if you click on a few things to get something playing again. I have been discussing in other threads... At the moment I can't reproduce it. But there has to be other situations that can cause this.

I guess my next question is, what specifically do you mean by "my other odd issue"? What has been done new? Have you checked your Windows Event logs? (If you have Windows)

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 2:29 am
Happened to me with no plugins at all. Running in "home" mode on an external USB single channel sound card.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 6:11 am
The other issue was http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/205846/General_Discussion/Strange_one_last_night.html?page=1 Deck 1 in Both Cases
No never checked windows log.
I was running nothing else, same setup and everything i always use. Automix was running for about 90 mins for background music.
But like i say this was VDJ8 not VDJ8.1

What should i be looking under in event log? Windows log-System ?

Out of interest what controller was everyone using? Me a Denon MC6000

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 7:38 am
Looked in Log and nothing at the time problem existed but had this a few hours later The CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Media Server Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s)

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 11:27 am
Had mine running for over 2 hours today so far with no problem. Strange.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 11:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A bug has been found when shuffle is on, repeat is off, and a track was already loaded in the deck.
In that case playback could start anywhere in the middle of the list, thus not playing everything.

Until an update is available, the easiest would be to enable repeat, which would ensure that the music keeps playing, or use shuffle once and play the list in order.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 1:08 pm
I never use shuffle i only ever use auto remove played

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 1:10 pm
Thanks for the update!

Keith

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 1:15 pm
To be more specific, is it "Shuffle Once" or "Shuffle". I always use "Shuffle Once" when I had my issues.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 2:02 pm
Adion wrote :
...or use shuffle once and play the list in order.

Inserts foot in mouth. Lol

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 5:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)