Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Gain jumping up by itself

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here is my issue. I have an American Audio VMS2 controller and Virtual DJ Pro 7 software. Everything works great except lately I'll have a few songs where for some reason the gain will jump up all by itself when playing a song.. I haven't changed anything in the settings and it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to where it's noticeable when it does happen. And also some songs will go from 0 gain to around +5 after loading them, which is pretty much what's happening with certain songs as they are already being played and the audience notices it. I have the gain set in config to auto+remember. This only happens when I use the VMS controller. Any suggestions.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 2:28 pm
You are really in the wrong forum, since this is for v8.1, so an admin might move the thread to the v7 forum

Anyway...
I always set mine to "auto", so that gain gets validated every time I play the track

The auto setting will of course make the gain "jump" on load, if VDJ thinks the track is very low. If it does that, but the track is not low, it sometimes helps to re-analyze the track

It could also be your controller. Even though you normally have to do something on the unit to have it send MIDI messages to the software, sometimes if a knob is right on the edge of sending something, the bass is the room can make it change values and then send them to the software, which reacts on it as if you had turned the knob. It that case simply turning the knobs back and forth often fixes it

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 4:37 pm
Yes, I realized I posted this in the wrong forum, thanks for still responding.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 11:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)