Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: wrong bpm read

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im getting wrong bpm readings twice the beats when I load new songs, usually Latin ( Mexican songs ) a 80bpm song VDJ analysed it at 170bpm

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 2:21 am
When that happens you can simply click the bpm, click /2 or x2 and close the pop-up window again
The new BPM will be stored in the database, so you only need to do it once when you get a song that is detected in half time or double time

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 2:14 am
djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello
I have also noticed, I do spin a lot of House/Electronica, and i do spin a lot of Jungle/DnB/Jump up Rugga and Old School/Break Beats (Older)
I get DNb track that VDJ shows the BPM as: 83, or 87, or 90, or, 93, 94 Bpm when in-fact its anything from 138 to 166+ ? and yes I re annalized 60gb of DnB/Jungle...
i really don't want to do this to 89045793847589437957 tracks Manually?
is there another way to accomplish this.

thanks.
DJ.MGS.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 3:53 am
I don't think so
In VDJ7 there was a "allow bpm<80" setting, but it don't think that exists in VDJ8

To me it's not really a problem. I have no idea how many of my tracks have half or double bpms detected, but I just fix it on a track when I need to use it.
It's a 2 sec change, and for me it happens maybe twice pr gig - and less and less as more and more songs gets fixed :)

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 9:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have a folder or other grouping by genre, you can sort by bpm, select all the files that are half, and use the tag editor to multiply them all at once.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 9:24 am
Guys, it's the nature of the beast. Humans can pick up the subtle differences in rhythms, and whether a track is supposed to be 70 or 140.

Automatic BPM detection isn't that smart. Perhaps if it worked like speech recognition software, and you could "educate" it by feeding it examples of Drum & Bass or whatever, but you'd probably end up with the recognition part being more complex than the DJ software itself. :-)

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 11:13 am
I dont think you really understand how off the BPM's are. Its not about 80 being 160 or 120 being 60.. yes that is an easy fix.. but I mean some of these are like 93 when they should be 65.. real off..

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 8:54 pm
....and what sort of a beat do these tracks have? Is the kick heavy or light? Is there a lot of space in the rhythm? Is it a regular rhythm or one that skips around?

As I said above, software beat detection is nowhere near as intelligent as our ears and brains. We can tell where the beat is, even if there isn't one at all. Software can't.

It would help if you gave examples. What tracks are you referring to?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)