Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Video Stutter

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all. I am using the most current version of VDJ 8.1. I have played other video files in the past with no problem through VDJ.

Now I have a 750MB MP4 file which I can play perfectly on my laptop using any of several applications without issue.

However when I try to play this same video through VDJ, it will play correctly as long as I only look at it on the small video window. But as soon as I try to use the larger video window, the video becomes jerky, stalls in places, and basically is unusable. This is not a capacity issue with the laptop. I am using a laptop with a Core I7 quad core processor, 16GB of memory, and solid state disks. I can do really intensive work on this laptop so that's not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas to give me about this? Really frustrating because at my event this weekend I will have to jump out of VDJ to use VLC or something else to play their corporate video which will be a pain.

Thanks .......... Rob

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 11:22 pm
must be something with the file encoding i just tested full screen with a 1080p 1.9gb mp4 played for 10 minutes and seems good
my computer is similar spec to yours. windows 7 64bit

was the file jerky from the start or in the middle? could it be that vdj was scanning still when it was jerky?
i testes without scanning first but had no issues.

i would test other large files to find out if only the one file has the problem or all similar files.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 12:16 am
Last week I played a 1.4GB MPG file with no problems. It was a slideshow I had put together myself using ProShow Gold. This is an MP4 that was delivered to me by the company who hired me.

Do you think I might have any luck transcoding the file again in another format or even mp4 again with different output parameters?

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 12:34 am
i would try the transcode but keep the original in case its a no go ....

not sure what resolution is but i would stick to the standards 640x 720x 1280x 1080x
also atomix might like to see a copy of it if re-encode works not sure

mp4 always works well for me no reason not to use it.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 12:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)