Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Only Getting Sound from tweeters - PLEASE HELP.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I've recently purchased a PA speaker - Behringer B210D, and I am running this through the Gemini G4v controller using XLR cables. I have changed the config in settings to run with headphones with the G4V as the soundcard, but I am only getting sound from the tweeters - highly frustrating! I have tried several combos, different cables to no avail.. It is driving me mad. does anybody have any suggestions as to why this could be happening? The speakers are new as are the cables.

Many Thanks - The-Hornet

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:57 pm
Does this only happen with VDJ? Did you try plugging some other sound source into your speakers to make sure they're OK?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:00 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
basics first, so don't be insulted or take a hissy fit... lol, you checked control settings on both your speakers and mixer/vdj, and have you got all kill switches disabled, obviously this has never happened to me before... rofl.

Try another source of input into your speakers just to make sure you haven't lucked out and got a couple of dodgy speakers, it does happen, you may have just been damn unlucky.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:26 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Be sure the filter is off. Sounds like it could be partially enabled.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:38 pm
Thanks for input guys, I appreciate it.

I've checked the filter, and any potential cut off switches - yet still only sound coming from the tweeter. At this point I can now only imagine that either the woofer is fecked or there is an internal issue with the G4V its-self... I'm heading to Maplin to grab another speaker to check. fingers crossed its only the speaker!

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 5:42 pm
It was the speaker, I'm sending that straight back! annoying - I guess I just lucked out on that one. I believe it happened for a reason because me new speaker is bigger/better and has bluetooth. A nice little extra for a pa speaker I guess.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 8:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
hang on does the amp have a cross-over switch maybe dip switch?

On second thoughts Active speaker, maybe not.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)