Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: song load error/bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i haven't had this issue in the VDJ 8.0.xx versions not until the update to VDJ 8.1.xx

first of all i've disabled the loadSecurity (for faster unloading/switching of songs without having the deck paused/stopped)... so the issue is sometimes when a playing deck is loaded with another song, it somehow doesn't load the whole song, in other words the song was cut... i addressed the issue by loading it the second time,which worked for me. i've been experiencing this since the first day of the update i hope you can address this... thank you

(i have both PC and Macbook devices installed but havent tried to install this yet to my macbook pro to try to recreate the issue. in terms of how often it occurs the macbook had this issue slightly more often compared to the PC )

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 4:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
loading the same track on the same deck wasnt working since the beginning of version 8. VDJ simply ignores this action, since it makes no sense to load the same track at the same deck.
If for some reason you need to do this, you have to either load a different song and then back the one that didnt load, or unload the deck and reload the track.

For the tracks that dont fully load, have you spotted if those are some specific ones, some specific type, some tracks with very large length maybe ?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:37 pm
* loading the same track again to the same deck was basically ignored by vdj, as you said was right but loading a deck with a playing song with a new one (where the load security was Disabled) SOMETIMES loads the 2nd track as if it was cutoff... i have to eject it then load it the second time for it to load to its full length.
* As for the tracks that dont fully load, there were no specific songs that fail to load all the time (i mean the load error occurs according to what i've said in the above statement). most tracks i load when mixing where atleast 2-8 mins (where tracks have been analyzed already).

this is actually not a big issue at all since this only happen sometimes but rather just my querry of what i have noticed since i have upadated to vdj 8.1 versions

-thank you for your response djdad

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)