Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Double-click on a MP3 in windows automaticly loaded to inactive player...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lydhigPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use an extra monitor for searching songs in explorer. It would be very nice if I could double click on a song in explorer and then it would be loaded to the unactive player or some placelist like the automix playlist... Is that possible? Are the comand switches to Virtual DJ for doing this? I have searched for a list of command switches for Virtual DJ but I have not found it...

Best regards
Thomas Lydhig, Sweden

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 7:26 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You can drag them to a deck ok.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:43 pm
if you associate mp3 files with the vdj program that might work but it could try and open a new copy of the program each time which would be bad.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:54 pm
Why use Windows Explorer at all? VDJ has its own browser which is very fast, as it uses the VDJ database.

It is possible to have a separate browser window which can be dragged to a second screen. It does require some change to the skin code but it's not complex.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 9:02 pm
There's no switch to send a file from explorer to VirtualDj. You can only drag & drop files to any place you like (decks, playlist, sidelist, e.t.c.)
However you are free to ask for a "switch" on our wishes forum! :)

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)