Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ remote thread is locked - Waveform display

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

One of my DJ colleagues who's not on the forum has asked me to point out that the waveform scroll on the remote is far tighter than it shows on the computer. You can pinch to change it on the remote but then it changes on the laptop as well. The speed of the scroll should be the same on both displays?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 7:51 pm
I don't see how it can be the same. I mean, effectively it's two different skins. How would one skin know how zoomed in or out the other skin is?

I suppose if you always use the same skin on your playout and the same one on your remote, you could dive in and set a default zoom level in the XML of both skins, but then the skin resolutions (main vs remote) are different too - so would they appear the same even at the same zoom setting?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 9:22 pm
If you zoom on the remote skin it also changes the zoom on the laptop skin at the same time. Looks like the waveform is linked and not independent.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 9:39 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is the purpose of a remote.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 8:54 am
Yes, but the waveform on the remote and PC are different. If you adjust the one on the remote it ALSO changes the one on the PC and throws it out.

The zoom level on both should be the same so you don't have to change it?

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 10:30 am
What skins (remote and main) is your colleague using? Different skins would/could have different zoom levels as default in their XML code.

Once we know which skins he's using (and that he will always use those skins) then we can look at the XML of both and see what zoom levels are being used. As I said though, the fact that the remote skin is a different res to the main one may also play a part (in that a zoom factor of X may not look the same on both res's). This is also assuming that he's not adjusted the zoom level on his main skin at all, and is just using it 'native'.

Another thing I just thought about - the size of the screens on his devices. I'd guess they're not the same size?

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)