Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Disable Internet access - SOLVED

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

With more online features in 8.1 I am sure there are many users who will enjoy using them.

I however want to use VDJ exclusively to play music at my gigs and I'm not interested in content unlimited, cloud lists, shazam or music groups.

Obviously VDJ needs net access for licence validation but is there an easy way to disable all the additional net services for those of us who just want to use the program for playing music without the bells and whistles?

Thank you.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 8:50 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
You can disable everything under Options.
If you miss something special, please tell us exact what's missing.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 8:52 am
I was looking for a "one click" solution but if it means raking through all the options then so be it.

It would be fine to try out some of the online stuff when playing about at home but it would be great to get to a gig and just be able to kill the online features completely.

Maybe Atomix see it differently to me but the priority of DJ software should be playing out at gigs in the most stable way possible. VDJ is getting too overloaded with "value added services" and too complex now.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 9:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just hide the root folders you don't want to use, I don't think there's much else you have to do if you don't want to use them.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 9:07 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just set Uhr option internetDontConnect to yes.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 10:07 am
remove your internet adapter completely lol.is it the features or the internet connection that is the issue

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 12:27 pm
It's the features I don't want but the laptop still needs net access for other things.

I'm guessing the "internetDontConnect" setting to yes stops you logging in as well so that's not an option.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 4:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why do you need to login, if you are logged in?
If you don't manually logout, disable the internet access in options, you will never get asked to login again...

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 4:53 pm
OK, got it. Will give it a try.

Thank you.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 4:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)