Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some people are unbelievable! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
word of advice I use the trainspotting trick any time im not near the dj stuff.. it makes the decks invisible to see whats playing .. it will make it so its over there head..

How did you do that?

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 2:36 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
One of the best "tricks" I have seen people do is to take a screen shot of someone's desktop and apply that as the background. Then hide the icons and start bar. So the un suspecting user clicks away and nothing happens. Until you right click the desktop and realize...

SO, what if you took a screen shot of VDJ and set that screen shot to lock screen. It will give them the illusion that they can do something on screen, but really keeps them busy clicking on your lock screen so you can catch them in the act.

Part 2 is, I have decided that the next time that this happens I will make a spectical of them because I can use the mic (in a classy kind of way). People will learn real quick that you mean business that way. It did happen once to me a long time ago, but always work with 2 people now so it should not happen again.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 12:55 am
SBDJ wrote :
Ah, for some reason it wasn't moved across:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16839/Lock8.html

Ah, thanks Scott, got it installed, works great. Look forward to you adding the controller bit to it.

Keeping the naughty folks confused lol.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 1:58 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
DJSoulman wrote :
Just tried this again today at home. Had VDJ8 and my MC6000 connected and working as normal. Used CMD+L to lock the screen and left it for about an hour. On my return I entered my password to re-instate the screen only to find no connection between VDJ8 and the MC6000. I also found that VDJ8 was completely frozen, I couldn't operate anything onscreen with the mouse. I couldn't even shut VDJ8 down as there was no response whatsoever. The only way I could shut VDJ8 down was via the Task Manager (which reported that VDJ8 was still running).

Have you looked in your USB settings or power options for a power save mode? This could be turning off your USB port when you lock your computer.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 12:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)