Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: limiter going nuts on VDJ8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You mention...
maverick77014 wrote :
And do I leave autogain on auto? And does anyone else rescan there library after this? I'm still confused about why people rescan their library, will that help with the issue? Does that mean reanalyze???

You don't have to reanalyse your entire tracks anymore.
Leaving the autoGain set at "Auto" will check the correct gain while loading, so no need to scan the whole library.
"Auto+Remember" may bring incorrect gain values when migrating from v7 to v8 so it was recommended from the beginning to use "Auto"

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:43 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The reason I keep suggesting to re analyze the library is two part.
I want to make sure all of the library was scanned.
I don't know if auto+remember gets compensated for if you switch back to auto without re-analyzing.
I suppose I will have to test that some time.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 9:05 am
This is where i'm at.. I've been DJing with a PC since 1997. Im now carrying a system with 9Tb of internal storage, and over 600,000 tracks.
Ive NEVER done a full scan.

I have done the add to SearchDB, but as for needing the BPM and gain ive always done it on the fly and it has never impacted performance, not even on my previous system (Athlon 64 x2 2gb Ram)

I wouldn't recommend doing any full scan on a large collection or not even on a small collection.
As the AutoGain should be set to "Auto" then virtualdj8 will scan the tracks again anyway on load (even though a full scan might have been done previously)

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:13 pm
Hey mark what are u using as a hard drive? Always curious what dj's use a external hard drives for PC...

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:35 pm
I carry a ShuttlePC with 3 internal drives and an SSD. (2tb, 3th and 4tb (and 128gb))
Shuttle do a bag to carry it in so its road ready :)

Did anybody ask here in relation to the limiter and gain settings, what soundcard you are using??
I use the NI Audio 2 DJ (Which is now known as Tractor 2 DJ) cost bout £80
Though most of the better controllers have a similar ASIO soundcard built in..

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 5:41 pm
I'm using internal sound card to the ddj-sr I believe

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 6:41 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
marksmolinski wrote :
As the AutoGain should be set to "Auto" then virtualdj8 will scan the tracks again anyway on load (even though a full scan might have been done previously)

I have not noticed this. I've noticed it do a scan if it was a new file that was never scanned, but not rescan on each load.
I assumed it went by the scanned value recorded into the database.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 6:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No rescan is required after changing the autoGain setting or even after changing the zeroDB setting, you just may have to reload already loaded songs for the new effects to take effect.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 11:00 pm
hey guys latest update no issues with limiter peaking after changes were made but now presents a new issue, for some reason now the gain levels don't stay where mixer knobs are set seems for time I load new song on deck the gains reset on VDJ8 so I have to move gain knobs on mixer past center part to catch correct level on VDJ8 once I reset it back to where it needs to be its fine till I load new song on deck is this normal or did something change that im not aware of?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 9:04 pm
Set "gainsliderincludesautogain" setting to yes
Then, 12 o clock is your "no gain applied" (parked) position.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 10:57 am
Ok phantom but if I will require a slightly higher gain will it always reset to 12 o'clock every time I load a new song it's not a big deal but if that's the case so I know Thanks

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)