Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Time Code Position Info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
This could be a question pertaining to 7 or 8, but since I'm now a solid 8 user, I posted here :-)

I have a bad habit of letting my needle run into the label and make swirly marks all over it. I know...its horrible for the needle and the label!
I noticed a VDJ Script expression: get_arm which supposedly gets the turntable arm position.. i'm hoping by way of the vinyl position.
I would like to use this or some other command to write an if test within my LED_PFL that says: If the record position is greater than 10:00 blink 200ms.

10 minutes in, on side A of the Serato vinyl is where the control portion starts. I think that would be a good landmark for "running out of space notification"
I do run in relative mode, but since VDJ8 sees positional info during calibration, I'm assuming that data would always be available in any mode.

In addition, will there ever be a method to use the control section of the vinyl to search the library? I know this is a very under-utilized item for even serato users, but it would be nice to have as an option...maybe?

Thanks!!!

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 8:10 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think the get_arm action is for the onscreen turntable arm. Not the physical timecode arm.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 5:57 am
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good possibility!

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 8:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)